"From" field not the same after...

User 20128 Photo

26 posts

I had to modify the form information because we're using a different email client now and there is no break between lines. I had to add some HTML to get it to render properly.

But there's a problem.

The from field on the notification used to have the name of the sender. Now, it does not, I had to put the name of our company and email address in that field.

But that's really stupid because when we get the form submission it shows it's from us. Well, no duh!

When you're looking through dozens of emails, this will be time consuming to find the one you want.

Is there ANY way to get the sender's name back in that from field? I used to be able to pull the info from the data, but not any longer. I did search the forums and only found one post that has this same problem and there wasn't a decent workaround for it. I was hoping something new has come up.

I opened the original form (from 2013) I was using and the "from" has [email3], which no longer works.
User 20128 Photo

26 posts

Well, call me gobsmacked. I don't know what just happened, but [email3] took as a valid entry for the From field.

YAAAASSS!!!

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.