Form response in Spam folder - Post...

User 2443897 Photo

57 posts

Hi,

I build many forms on the websites that I design and create. I bought the Web Form Builder to make that job less time consuming. I like the ease of use and I like styling in an interactive way. I have been pretty pleased. However, I am finding that the emails sent by the forms that I build from scratch end up in the in-box and the emails sent by the forms built with the Coffee cup form builder end up in the spam folder.

Does anyone else have this issue? If so, how are you dealing with it. I don't want to have to stop using the form builder since I really like the interface and time saving features.

Thanks in advance for any responses.

-Jan
User 103173 Photo

VP of Software Development
0 posts

How are your forms configured under the Settings > Email Notices? Do you have a valid FROM, TO and Reply-To address set? Are you also making the email address field on your form required?
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 2443897 Photo

57 posts

yes, yes, yes, and yes!

User 2443897 Photo

57 posts

I'm looking through the files that are created to see if I see anything...
User 2443897 Photo

57 posts

Should "user.cfg.php" contain the information that I inserted in the app for email or is that just setting up the parameters? I see the correct email addresses in "form.cfg.php"

User 103173 Photo

0 posts

The user.cfg.php is only used if your server requires SMTP settings to be used. What do you have added as the FROM address? It should be something like [email1].
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 2443897 Photo

57 posts

I changed the email address to email@email.org for posting to the forum:

"from" : "email@email.org",
"is_present" : true,
"replyto" : "[email]",
"to" : "email@email.org"
User 2443897 Photo

57 posts

It sends to the right place, it just ends in spam folder...
User 103173 Photo

0 posts

You set the from as email@email.org. That means you are forcing all emails to come from that address instead of the person who filled out your form. You should have [email] in there. This way the form comes from the email address entered into the form.
User 2144319 Photo

8 posts

I'm having the same issue on my end. i have attached a file of my settings
Attachments:

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.