Form Processing - Post ID 173160

User 2300512 Photo

10 posts

First of all, the new Web Form Builder is a very nice work!!!

But some of the good features of the old Flash Web Form Builder were missing.
There's options in the old one which let you choose PHP or ASP in the form processing box in the settings. But now the new one only leave us with PHP???

Since my web hosting only support ASP instead of PHP. I'm having trouble with it.

Also about the form results, there's an option in the old one which let me email the form results directly through SMTP, but the new one it's missing.

Will these features be added back in the future???

User 431932 Photo

15 posts

I now realise that I have the same problem - which apparently makes this software only valid if you use an Sdrive account or a .php hosting.

Personally I don't understand it.... do I now have to upgrade / change my hosting company or do I have to upgrade my Sdrive account?

'Out of the box' ?? 'Over my head'
User 126492 Photo

Ambassador
1,524 posts

Paul

Once you have created your form and saved it, go to Files/Export/Manual Server Setup it will then create all the files you need to use the form on your own server.
Jim
---------------------------
User 431932 Photo

15 posts

Thank you Jim however like Pun Shek Jack So I am on a Windows server and as far as I can ascertain - it don't work !!
I've published a form through SDrive [ albeit the submit button doesn't show http://palmamultimedia.coffeecup.com/fo … tact_form/ ] but I can't get a form to work on my windows server.

So now to get this working I have to change my account to a Linux server.... not what I read in the WFB advertising !!
Awesome, Easy-to-Use Web Forms, Straight Outta’ the Box.
This now begs the question of future clients in the same predicament which means I can't use the 'mega pack' software that I thought I could.

Not impressed at all.
User 38401 Photo

Senior Advisor
10,951 posts

Hiya Pun & Paul,

Have you checked with your hosting provider to see if they have PHP installed? I believe it's PHP 5.2 that is needed, but I could be wrong on the number there. I do know that PHP does need to be installed on the servers for the forms to work and I do know that the Windows servers do have that ability now so maybe try seeing if the hosting server is the culprit here?

Someone please correct me if I'm wrong here though, I'm trying to remember just what Scott had told someone else a few weeks back and that's all I can recall about it.
User 431932 Photo

15 posts

Yes Jo I have and they don't; which means that I now have to transfer three of my websites to a Linux server just to get a form running not exactly what I was anticipating when I made the purchase.
My hosting is hosting.com

From the help file in WFB....

System Requirements
To run the software efficiently, your computer and server systems should meet the following requirements:
• Operating System: Windows XP/Vista/7
• Disk Space: 30MB free disk space available
• RAM: 512MB (1GB recommended)
• Server: CoffeeCup S-Drive
• Browser: Internet Explorer 7+, Mozilla Firefox 3+, Google Chrome 5, Opera 10
• Microsoft .NET 3.5+
User 103173 Photo

VP of Software Development
0 posts

paul miller wrote:
Yes Jo I have and they don't; which means that I now have to transfer three of my websites to a Linux server just to get a form running not exactly what I was anticipating when I made the purchase.
My hosting is hosting.com

From the help file in WFB....

System Requirements
To run the software efficiently, your computer and server systems should meet the following requirements:
• Operating System: Windows XP/Vista/7
• Disk Space: 30MB free disk space available
• RAM: 512MB (1GB recommended)
• Server: CoffeeCup S-Drive
• Browser: Internet Explorer 7+, Mozilla Firefox 3+, Google Chrome 5, Opera 10
• Microsoft .NET 3.5+

These are requirements to use the software which is different then what is needed for your server. Server requirements are here at http://www.coffeecup.com/help/articles/ … m-builder/
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 2300512 Photo

10 posts

My web hosting plan only provide ASP, ASP.NET3.5, ASP.NET AJAX, without PHP.

It makes this new software now useless for me, It couldn't change the web hosting plan.
I can only go back to the old one, which I bought it cause it can config for ASP with SMTP settings.

But now, I'm really regret in getting the new one, which actually went backwards, and it makes not much difference with similar products provided by others (some for free)

we really hope these features (support for ASP, Directly sent to email, SMTP settings) to come back on the next update.
User 629005 Photo

Ambassador
2,174 posts

Have you looked into publishing the form to your S-Drive and tying it into your site? If you read the threads that intro the new program, you should find directions on exactly how to do this.

ONE of the GREAT things about S-Drive/Stream is that since it is CC hosting your stuff (made with CC products) you KNOW it WILL work!!! No worries :D
Living the dream, stocking the cream :D
User 38401 Photo

Senior Advisor
10,951 posts

You guys should also talk to your hosting companies and see if they 'will' install PHP for you. Many of them do install it for you even if it's not something that usually comes stock installed. Worst thing they can do is say "No" right? What you got to lose but a little time talking to them to see.

Other than that there's not much else you can do. The form builder has always needed PHP to run, it's just that now it "Will" run on a Windows Server as long as PHP 5.2 or higher is installed on it which they can do. Give it a shot and let us know :)

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.