Form Builder 1.2 3613 -> Email...

User 2169587 Photo

1 post

I'm far from being an expert but the html text created for the email messages appears as a slight error. If you look at the last three lines, it reads:

</body>
</div>
</html>

shouldn't it be:

</div>
</body>
</html>

I had just finished two forms on Monday & noticed this and was interested if it was fixed in today's release.

Regards,

Larry Nichols
captain-et@pacbell.net
949-548-6253
User 464893 Photo

Ambassador
1,611 posts

I am probably wrong but I thought as long as the tags get closed the order is not so important
</div>
</body> ..... yeah! I would think that, but in my view if it works don't fiddle with it
</html>
So does the form work? if so why worry. I have a brother who has found I have a form :o

What I do is copy the text in the email message. paste it into the editor and tidy and improve it then dump the lot back and test it
The Guy from OZ

User 38401 Photo

Senior Advisor
10,951 posts

Yep it does matter actually:

</html> should almost always be the last thing that is used on your site. There are some script type exceptions, but for the most part that's usually the page closing tag.

</body> should be also one of the last tags closed. <div></div> tags should be within that body tag and need to be closed before the body is closed.

So in essence, yes Larry, you are right it should be the way you say. I would suggest you open a ticket to CC Support and report that if you haven't already. If you've already checked the new release update, let us know if it's fixed in there or not, but if not then definitely report it so they know.
User 103173 Photo

VP of Software Development
0 posts

This was an issue is 1.1 that was corrected in 1.2. The new markup is as follows:

<!DOCTYPE html>
<html dir="ltr" lang="en">
<head><title>You got mail!</title></head>
<body style="background-color: #f9f9f9; padding-left: 110px; padding-top: 70px; padding-right: 20px; max-width: 700px; font-family: Helvetica, Arial;">
<style type="text/css">
body {background-color: #f9f9f9;padding-left: 110px;padding-top: 70px; padding-right: 20px;max-width:700px;font-family: Helvetica, Arial;}
p{font-size: 12px; color: #666666;}
h1{font-size: 60px !important;color: #cccccc !important;margin:0px;}
h2{font-size: 28px !important;color: #666666 ! important;margin: 0px; border-bottom: 1px dotted #00A2FF; padding-bottom:3px;}
td {font-size: 12px !important; line-height: 30px;color: #666666 !important; margin: 0px;border-bottom: 1px solid #e9e9e9;}
td:first-child {font-size: 13px !important; font-weight:bold; color: #333 !important; vertical-align:text-top; min-width:100px; padding-right:5px;}
a:link {color:#666666; text-decoration:underline;} a:visited {color:#666666; text-decoration:none;} a:hover {color:#00A2FF;}
b{font-weight: bold;}
</style>
<h1 style="font-size: 60px !important; color: #cccccc !important; margin: 0px;">Hey there,</h1>
<p style="font-size: 12px; color: #666666;">
Someone filled out your form, and here's what they said:
</p>
<div>
[form_results]
<p style="font-size: 12px; color: #666666;">
<b style="font-weight: bold;">Note: </b> Customizing your email message is as easy as 1-2-3! To get started, edit your form and go into the <b style="font-weight: bold;">Settings &gt; Email Notices Tab</b> and then click on <b style="font-weight: bold;">"Configure email message"</b>. Web Form Builder supports HTML and CSS so there is no limit to how snazzy you can design your message.
For more info <a href="http://coffeecup.com" style="color: #666666; text-decoration: underline;">go here</a>.
Hope you're enjoying the software!
</p>
</div>
</body>
</html>

Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 38401 Photo

Senior Advisor
10,951 posts

Looks like CC already got it fixed for us... yaaaaay! Thanks Scott! :)

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.