file upload/email size in new form...

User 138688 Photo

242 posts

I posted a message yesterday that Scott was kind enough to answer but today I cannot find it any where so I am starting a new thread. I tried the Trial version of the new form builder and it worked reasonably fine for a first try but it installed the file, of course, to s-drive. I imagine that the paid version will allow file uploads to my own server. My problem today on the test was that the size allowed for the upload was way to small for my purposes. I tried a 500x600px jpg and it was rejected. Finally it took a 90x90 file. Will the full version allow for uploading a much larger file? ie 3 or 4 or 5 or 6 or 7 or 8 mbs unopened. As well will it allow for the same files to be attached to an email and sent?
Tom Mooney

User 629005 Photo

Ambassador
2,174 posts

http://www.coffeecup.com/forums/menu-bu … m-builder/

Is this the post?

FYI, if you ever "can't find" one of your own posts, just click on your name below your pic to the left of any post. Then you should see an option to "View All Posts" (which you can do with all users BTW). Scroll through your listing until you find the post you're looking for. Below each post it will also tell you where that post is located.
Living the dream, stocking the cream :D
User 629005 Photo

Ambassador
2,174 posts

tom wrote:
I tried the Trial version of the new form builder and it worked reasonably fine for a first try but it installed the file, of course, to s-drive. I imagine that the paid version will allow file uploads to my own server.

Yes, the limitation of publishing to ONLY S-Drive is for the trial version only, FULL version allows publishing to both S-Drive or your own server.

tom wrote:
My problem today on the test was that the size allowed for the upload was way to small for my purposes. I tried a 500x600px jpg and it was rejected. Finally it took a 90x90 file. Will the full version allow for uploading a much larger file? ie 3 or 4 or 5 or 6 or 7 or 8 mbs unopened.

File size is limited to 8192Kb's.

tom wrote:
As well will it allow for the same files to be attached to an email and sent?

Pretty sure. I think the options are: Save to server, store in database, send in e-mail.
Living the dream, stocking the cream :D
User 138688 Photo

242 posts

Thanks, I checked everywhere else. I new it could be done but I wasn't getting anywhere. It seems this size "8192Kb's." will probably do.
Thanks for the update.
Tom Mooney

User 255557 Photo

3 posts

@ Phil -

Why... "File size is limited to 8192Kb's." in the new version. I just tested Classic and uploaded a 22MB video file.

I need to have clients upload very large files (without asking them to learn FTP) and would prefer an HTML5 compliant form (the mobile proliferation).

My question: does the full version have a higher/unlimited file upload size?

Best,

AW
User 103173 Photo

VP of Software Development
0 posts

Alex Wendell wrote:
@ Phil -

Why... "File size is limited to 8192Kb's." in the new version. I just tested Classic and uploaded a 22MB video file.

I need to have clients upload very large files (without asking them to learn FTP) and would prefer an HTML5 compliant form (the mobile proliferation).

My question: does the full version have a higher/unlimited file upload size?

Best,

AW

We choose 8mb because the majority of hosting companies out there have this set as their maximum post size. To prevent PHP errors and other problems, we set a hard limit in the software. There is no way to over-ride this in the UI, but you could easily go into the PHP files and make this change. Before you ask, I have no idea where you would make that change either. ;)
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 255557 Photo

3 posts

Thanks for the quick response Scott,

I'll try to hack the PHP for post, then.

Best,

AW
User 187934 Photo

Senior Advisor
20,192 posts

I was looking at it the other day Alex when I was looking at trying to hack attack for another reason.:) I can't remember off hand which file holds the secret but if I get a chance later I'll try to find it.;)
I can't hear what I'm looking at.
It's easy to overlook something you're not looking for.

This is a site I built for my work.(RSD)
http://esmansgreenhouse.com
This is a site I built for use in my job.(HTML Editor)
https://pestlogbook.com
This is my personal site used for testing and as an easy way to share photos.(RLM imported to RSD)
https://ericrohloff.com
User 103173 Photo

VP of Software Development
0 posts

Husan Thompson wrote:
What is the difference between "Save to server" and "Store in database"?

Save to server places the file on a folder on your server. Store in database places the file in a MySQL database.
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.