Editing with Dreamweaver - Post ID...

User 472422 Photo

111 posts

Greetings

I am trying to edit a form using Dreamweaver CS5

When I open the form in Dreamweaver (along with the CSS file), it is not formatted as though the CSS file is not recognized! Any advice?

Thanks
Tony
User 38401 Photo

Senior Advisor
10,951 posts

Hiya Anthony,

Are you opening it within the file structure it's in or are you pulling the files out and putting them elsewhere to edit them and forgetting the file structure part? That's about the only thing I can think of that would affect how it looks when trying to edit it regardless of program used.
User 472422 Photo

111 posts

Thank you Jo Ann

I am opening it within the file structure but no luck!

Tony
User 38401 Photo

Senior Advisor
10,951 posts

What file are you opening to edit? I just opened the current .html file for our website and I see all the formatting correctly placed when I have the Live view on. In Split code with Design view you see a lot of extra stuff but it's still all intact. I see no issue there, but that doesn't mean you're not having one. I am in my server project, opened the folder that I the files in (the ones Form Builder created "inside" the one ending with _export) and opened the .html file that is my form's file. If that's what you're doing, is there a way you can upload a zip of your folder so we can take a look at it? Or upload the folder so we can download it?

Hard to help any other way without seeing what you're seeing I guess, but it works fine for me.
User 472422 Photo

111 posts

Thank you Jo Ann

I was in the Design mode. I switched to Live mode and it is fine

Thanks again
Tony
User 38401 Photo

Senior Advisor
10,951 posts

You're quite welcome, sometimes Design Mode is messy looking even if it's nicely laid out in the Live mode, go figure, but glad that is all it was for you :)

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.