DropDown May or May not need to add...

User 506967 Photo

6 posts

OK I am probably going to fumble this in trying to describe what I see as a problem. My form is an employment application. Under work history they can add up multiple previous employers, but they dont have to. The dropdown for the State field where the employer is based only needs to be selected if they list that prior employer. My problem is, in the email it sends it is always sending that field for that state for that employer filled even though the applicant didn't add the employer... ie they left the employer name and their title and all that blank because they didn't want to list a 2nd or 3rd employer.so the email looks weird there is a state listed for no reason with no relevant data for it. How do I make the dropdown available without actually considering one of the states selected, so it doesn't show up in the email. If I click that it is required then it doesnt select a state automatically but it wont let them submit the form.
User 122279 Photo

Senior Advisor
14,461 posts

What happens if you make 'N/A' one of the options and instruct your end-users to select it if they don't fill in any employer?

Or you could perhaps make the state list conditional, to show only if there is a previous employer entered?
Ha en riktig god dag!
Inger, Norway

My work in progress:
Components for Site Designer and the HTML Editor: https://mock-up.coffeecup.com

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.