Confused about email notices in...

User 2404865 Photo

9 posts

Hi....

I apologize upfront for what may be really dumb questions, but I am a really confused about the settings options. In step 10: putting it online, the documentation alludes to filling out this information if you are using the S-Drive. My website (www.stoppersnstuff.net) is already set up on another server. Here are my questions:

1) If I am not using the S-drive, do I even need to put anything in Form Publishing?
2) In the section 'setting Email Notifications', it says to simply fill out the appropriate field just as you would when sending out an email. I understand what you would put in the 'To' field, but what would you put in the 'From' field?
3)In the Auto-response - are you supposed to put your email address on your server as the 'From"? What would you put in the 'To'?
4) In Saving Form results, you can save to a text file (saves as a .csv file). Is this in HTML format?

Again, I apologize for the questions, but I am really very confused about what I need to do prior to my moving this code to my website.

Many thanks for your patience.

Dave
User 103173 Photo

VP of Software Development
0 posts

Here is what a properly configured form should look like:

http://www.coffeecup.com/files/forums/emailsettings.png

As to #4, it is not HTML format, it is in CSV format.

Hope that clarifies things. ;)
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 2404865 Photo

9 posts

Thank you Scott.... I am a real newbie with respect to server applications (I'm a mainframe MVS systems programmer), and it's been quite a learning experience so far.

I looked at the manual again and couldn't see anything about [email1], other than a reference on page 25. Is this explained somewhere else? Are there other options like this?

Thank you again for your patience... I regret I am probably going to have more questions before this is done.

On a positive note... I am using your HTML editor, and Shopping card designer. They are quite easy to use and understand. Keep up the good work.

Dave
User 103173 Photo

0 posts

David Kartzman wrote:
Thank you Scott.... I am a real newbie with respect to server applications (I'm a mainframe MVS systems programmer), and it's been quite a learning experience so far.

I looked at the manual again and couldn't see anything about [email1], other than a reference on page 25. Is this explained somewhere else? Are there other options like this?

Thank you again for your patience... I regret I am probably going to have more questions before this is done.

On a positive note... I am using your HTML editor, and Shopping card designer. They are quite easy to use and understand. Keep up the good work.

Dave

When you add an email address element to your form, it will be given a NAME value. By default that is [email1] but you can change it to anything you like. On your form, just click on the email address and go to the Properties Tab and you will see that there.

Don't be afraid to play around. You cannot break it. ; )
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 2404865 Photo

9 posts

Scott.... sorry... one more question (again).

When I clicked on the dropdown for Reply-To (on the notification message) and 'To' (on the auto-response), they didn't have an [email1]; they had [email]. Is that right?

Thanks.
User 103173 Photo

0 posts

David Kartzman wrote:
Scott.... sorry... one more question (again).

When I clicked on the dropdown for Reply-To (on the notification message) and 'To' (on the auto-response), they didn't have an [email1]; they had [email]. Is that right?

Thanks.

That is because you have not added an email address field to your form yet. When you do, then the drop down list will be populated.
User 2404865 Photo

9 posts

I get it now... I think...

Thanks... it really is intuitive... the problem is I'm not....lol.

Dave

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.