Change order on the form results -...

User 2010991 Photo

73 posts

Is there any way to change the order of the form results I have been trying and I can not figure it out.I need it to match the form layout and if i do each one then i have to add codes which i do not know how to do

Thanks
Scott

A novice at best
User 38401 Photo

Senior Advisor
10,951 posts

Hoiya Scottco,

Are you using the most updated version? I could swear this was fixed a couple updates ago. (don't quote me on it as it might have been something Scott said was coming lol)
User 103173 Photo

VP of Software Development
0 posts

Yes this was fixed in the latest release. You can however change it to any order you like under the Email Notices > Configure email message area.
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 2010991 Photo

73 posts

Scott Swedorski wrote:
Yes this was fixed in the latest release. You can however change it to any order you like under the Email Notices > Configure email message area.

I have the latest version using the [form_results] it is not in the order of the form example is I have a comments section on the form and it is the last place in the form but when i get the form in an email it is the first line and the same with others
Scott

A novice at best
User 629005 Photo

Ambassador
2,174 posts

Scottco - It's my understanding that the latest release has the flow order of your e-mail being the same order as the tab order when the user inputs the info. So if your tab order is (for example) Name, Address, City, State, Zip that would be the order you should be receiving it.
Living the dream, stocking the cream :D
User 2010991 Photo

73 posts

the flow order does not go as the form goes here is the flow the addititional comments should be at the bottom as it is on the form

Which Course Did You Take: 8 Hour Related
Email Address: scott@anyemail.com
Additional Comments: this should be at the bottom
Would you use us again?: Yes
Overall Rating: Excellent
Course Pricing: Excellent
PayPal Page: Excellent
Save Course and Complete Later: Excellent
Course Questions: Excellent
Response time after payment: Excellent
Course Application: Excellent
Web Site Information: Excellent
Scott

A novice at best
User 103173 Photo

0 posts

Phil wrote:
Scottco - It's my understanding that the latest release has the flow order of your e-mail being the same order as the tab order when the user inputs the info. So if your tab order is (for example) Name, Address, City, State, Zip that would be the order you should be receiving it.

Yes, that is correct. The latest version follows the tab order on the form.
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 2010991 Photo

73 posts

Hi Scott
Sent a ticket with all the info
As always it is most likely my fault
Scott

A novice at best
User 2022854 Photo

16 posts

I am also having an issue with the form order on the email results. I have a very large form on this page https://www.compasspointcounseling.com/ … story.html

I use the "form_results" option in the configure email options. It seems that the actual text fields are displaying in the correct order, but the checkboxes are all showing up at the end of the results (and in reverse order), and not in the same order as the tab order. Its important that the checkbox information shows up in the right order in with the text fields Any way to fix that?

User 103173 Photo

0 posts

Brian Pratt wrote:
I am also having an issue with the form order on the email results. I have a very large form on this page https://www.compasspointcounseling.com/ … story.html

I use the "form_results" option in the configure email options. It seems that the actual text fields are displaying in the correct order, but the checkboxes are all showing up at the end of the results (and in reverse order), and not in the same order as the tab order. Its important that the checkbox information shows up in the right order in with the text fields Any way to fix that?

A quick way to fix this until we release the next update is go into Settings > Email Notices > Configure email message area. In here, remove [form_results] and then re-insert each element manually.

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.