Can't preview forms - Post ID 168052

User 271657 Photo

Ambassador
3,816 posts

When I open Form Builder (latest version – just re-loaded it), none of the templates show up for preview. There's just a blank white space with 'form object' in it. I made a new form and hit preview, same thing – a blank space with the words 'form object' in it. I inserted it into VSD and it shows up just fine.

I'm using Win7, 64 bit. I tried opening it with the run as administrator option, same thing. Just down-loaded it again, no luck. I looked in the program files, and there's no way to preview the templates from there either. The default templates are all listed there (with PHP, Flash, XML and PNG files). Should there also be an HTML file?

Could this be a Flash issue? I get notices almost daily that my Flash needs up-dating. Sometimes I get lazy and go 3 or 4 days between up-dates 'cause I'm getting tired of doing this every time I use this computer (Acrobat Reader wants to be up-dated at least once a day as well).

Really looking forward to the release of the new non-Flash Form Builder! :D
I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by. (Douglas Adams)
https://www.callendales.com
User 103173 Photo

VP of Software Development
0 posts

That is caused by your IE browser blocking ActiveX content locally. Go into Configure Form Settings > Advanced and un-check the Fix for Displaying Active Content.

Also remember that the 64-bit version of IE does not support Flash.
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 271657 Photo

Ambassador
3,816 posts

OK, unchecked it. Now I can preview a form I'm working on, but how can I see the template choices? Or is that not possible now because of #$&%! IE9? Is there any way to set a different default browser?

How many versions of IE does it take to screw in a light bulb? (...or display a web page) :lol:
I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by. (Douglas Adams)
User 103173 Photo

VP of Software Development
0 posts

paintbrush wrote:
OK, unchecked it. Now I can preview a form I'm working on, but how can I see the template choices? Or is that not possible now because of #$&%! IE9? Is there any way to set a different default browser?

How many versions of IE does it take to screw in a light bulb? (...or display a web page) :lol:

IE9 is just such a pain in the arse! ;)

Just hang in there for a bit. Got a nice announcement on the way for Form Builder. ;)
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 271657 Photo

Ambassador
3,816 posts

:D Is it finally Soonish?!!! :D
User 629005 Photo

Ambassador
2,174 posts

Don't tease us Scott... Or we'll all stop shipping those cookies your way.
Living the dream, stocking the cream :D

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.