A newby with a little big problem. It...

User 2307824 Photo

52 posts

As the title says I am a newby at doing this sort of stuff.
I recently designed a very nice form in M/S infopath, and quickly found that it works fine if you have a sharepoint server and infopath, but definitely no good for a regular webpage.

So I found CC form builder lite. Very easy to setup the form again, however I really need the form to provide a dollar total at the bottom. Basically the form has a series of drop down boxes and some checkbox fields. I need to be able to total the value of what someone has selected before the form is submitted.

The rest of the website was built in web expression 4, and to be totally honest, even though i have had it for almost a year I really havent got into it and am thinking of changing it to some of the software i have seen here. It all seems easier to use.

It was so easy to have infopath add the selected fields up, it did it itself almost. So i figure form builder must be able to do it. Can anyone help. If anyone even know where i can find some related info, I am happy to go researching further from there, but i really dont know where to start
User 103173 Photo

VP of Software Development
0 posts

Hi Jeff

Right now you cannot do calculations within your form. It is something however we do have on our road map and plan to include in future versions.

http://www.coffeecup.com/forums/form-bu … post170782
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 187934 Photo

Senior Advisor
20,181 posts
Online Now

Hi Jeff, Read this post for info pertaining to the new form builder. A payment option is in the works for the full version do out in a couple of weeks. I don't know how much functionality it will have but we'll just have to wait and see.:)

Edit: I need to learn a different typing method then the Hunt & Peck.:lol:
Thanks Scott.:)
I can't hear what I'm looking at.
It's easy to overlook something you're not looking for.

This is a site I built for my work.(RSD)
http://esmansgreenhouse.com
This is a site I built for use in my job.(HTML Editor)
https://pestlogbook.com
This is my personal site used for testing and as an easy way to share photos.(RLM imported to RSD)
https://ericrohloff.com
User 2307824 Photo

52 posts

Thanks Guys, I can live without the addition at the moment, but its good to hear that its on list of things to wish for. The new version sounds like it might have a lot of goodies in it. really just more stuff for me to play and gets stuck in. lol.
User 2307824 Photo

52 posts

Hi,
Been thinking about something and I dont know if this will make sense. have a look at the following code
<div class="fb-dropdown" sizcache="12805" sizset="0">
<select id="item6_select_1" name="NFA" data-hint="">
<option id="item6_0_option" value="None" selected>
None
</option>
<option id="item6_1_option" value="1 - 20 People $300">
1 - 20 People $300
</option>
<option id="item6_2_option" value="21 - 50 People $400">
21 - 50 People $400
</option>
<option id="item6_3_option" value="51 - 100 People $500">
51 - 100 People $500
</option>
</select>
Ok so we have the select function at the begining for Item 6, when someone is on the form and makes a selection we are going to end up with item6_0 thru to item 6_3 chosen.
Now once this selection is made is there some way that i can find the item that was selected and assign another value to a separate variable. With this value being a numeral based on which item was selected.
eg. if someone chooses say item6_2 a value becomes 21 - 50 people $400, then i some code that say ok it was item6_2 chosen, so we assign a value of 400 to a variable say 'amt1' for instance.
But if they chose item6_3 then we would assign a value of 500 to variable amt1.

did i make any sense there, or is my brain just working in weird ways again.:)
User 2307824 Photo

52 posts

I can read some code and work it how it works pretty easily, but unfortunately i dont know much of the rest of html code instructions for me to work out how to query the item6 to establish what was chosen. i have research so many pages on the net, and checked out so many different instruction but for most the explanation leave a lot to the imagination.
Jeff

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.