Windows Vista - Post ID 75040

User 117361 Photo

Ambassador
6,076 posts

Anyone want to check out what the new Windows Vista is all about and what features it will be offering, can take a look here:
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsvista/g … fault.mspx
If anyone already has experience of this, perhaps they could let others in here know their thoughts.
Janys
User 225237 Photo

17 posts

I think its mostly pr hype. From what I've read, the only real innovation seems to be their built in piracy protection. Corp. editions/ multi lic. users will have to provide their own validation server just to use it. They added some cool features that were readily available from other places. I'm not really looking forward to it. However, I'll own a copy after its been out for a year or so.
I have never put a web site together, so I sprung for the "Webmaster Super Pack". I'm sure I'll have a lot of questions. Please be gentle.
User 117361 Photo

Ambassador
6,076 posts

Dennis wrote:
I think its mostly pr hype. From what I've read, the only real innovation seems to be their built in piracy protection. Corp. editions/ multi lic. users will have to provide their own validation server just to use it. They added some cool features that were readily available from other places. I'm not really looking forward to it. However, I'll own a copy after its been out for a year or so.

Sounds like a good idea - let them iron out some wrinkles first!
Janys :)
User 291856 Photo

55 posts

My husband provided a nice gift for me at Christmas 08, it was a brandy new Dell notebook computer and it had Vista Premium already installed...I have to say that XP is easier...but then i always thought windows 98 was easier than XP, ..I think one just has to get used to the new ....

Im not sure if it is easier but since it is Brand New , everything runs super fast, from the uploading i do when tweaking our Web Site to downloading, It is super fast, so to be able to have faster than lightening speeds one must put up with the newer versions of Windows I guess..I hear the newer version of Windows is cominng out in 2010, with major consulting firms allready testing this version to iron out the bugs now before this is unleashed..I really hope this is a greater version ever. I am so tired of Microsoft selling their software and having so many troubles with other software platforms...can you imagine if an auto maker told people that instead of a recall on their brand new auto model that turns out to be a lemon, just purchase the newer model coming out next year...
I am so pleased that I was finally able to have VDS finally work , we do rely on Coffee Cup so much to design our web site and it has been invaluable to get us on the web..we breed Labradoodles in RI , and now the word is out that we do breed the finest softest, non shedding, best behaving Labradoodles in New England...
Vist our web site and see..
RILABRADOODLES.com

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.