"Real Names" on Public Forums; It's...

User 103173 Photo

VP of Software Development
0 posts

BIF, we have corrected the title issue. It now shows you as a registered user.
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 3 Photo

Administrator
1,371 posts

PopPicker wrote:
It is a shame you had to delete my post and close my thread from any other postings though. I felt that wasn't required, I'm not that hard to get along with as long as people are honest and nice.

I actually didn't delete any posts. One of the other administrators may have done that. I don't think censorship is the right answer. As you noticed, we have left this thread open for comments and closed the other one to help avoid duplicity. Thanks for participating, we appreciate every user we have, even the Canadians (only Canadians have 'boxing day') :D
User 94196 Photo

54 posts

J Cornelius wrote:
even the Canadians (only Canadians have 'boxing day') :D

Hmm, not quite J Australia, Great Britain, New Zealand and most likely all Commonwealth countries have Boxing Day.

Glad to see common sense has prevailed with the usernames. If I hadn't checked back to the forum I wouldn't have even known for goodness knows how long. It should always be up to the user not the company we have purchased from.

Season Greetings :)

Regards, Smooth :cool:
"I wish I was half as good as you think you are!"
360 degree Panoramas done here
User 57640 Photo

31 posts

Thanks for reconsidering, J.
Visit me online at Heart of Virginia Antiques & Collectibles (heartofvirginiaantiques.com) and Back in the Day Antiques & Collectibles (backinthedayantiques.com) for some quality vintage, antique and collectible items at affordable prices! All items as shown reflect a 10% discount and INCLUDE US SHIPPING!
User 515848 Photo

Ambassador
53 posts

Come on CoffeeCup.

If I quote a previous post in my post I get to see that users REAL name not their USER name.

You'll need to fix this too.

And while we at it, what happened to the preview and edit buttons?

I'VE REPOSTED THIS HERE, BECAUSE THE MODERATORS DELETED IT
noʎ ɹoɟ ʇou sı ƃuıʌıpʎʞs uəɥʇ 'pəəɔɔns ʇ,uop noʎ ʇsɹıɟ ʇɐ ɟı
User 132952 Photo

Ambassador
3,120 posts

Hey now, J said an administrator "may" have deleted them. I've missed out on recent threads, so I don't know why any posts would be deleted unless there were some F-bombs thrown in. Perhaps if you were complaining that your real name was used, someone deleted it since changing your profile afterward doesn't alter the names used at the time of previous postings. At least, it didn't before this recent website makeover. Unfortunately, it seems the new system doesn't allow viewing all posts by a given person, so I can't easily see what was previously posted. :|
User 468977 Photo

Administrator
110 posts

PopPicker wrote:
If I quote a previous post in my post I get to see that users REAL name not their USER name.

You'll need to fix this too.

This has been fixed. Thanks for pointing it out!

PopPicker wrote:
And while we at it, what happened to the preview and edit buttons?

I've attached a screenshot of where you will find the edit link. We will add the preview option back in shortly.

If there is anything else we can do for you, please don't hesitate to ask!

Enjoy the holidays :D
Attachments:
Jeff Welch
CTO
CoffeeCup Software
User 515848 Photo

Ambassador
53 posts

thanks Jeff..... :)

I can see the 'edit post' now... (damn specs)

As for anything else......

as you asked....

I need more ice in my esky :P

Geoff (with a G)

noʎ ɹoɟ ʇou sı ƃuıʌıpʎʞs uəɥʇ 'pəəɔɔns ʇ,uop noʎ ʇsɹıɟ ʇɐ ɟı
User 3 Photo

Administrator
1,371 posts

Smooth wrote:
J Cornelius wrote:
even the Canadians (only Canadians have 'boxing day') :D

Hmm, not quite J Australia, Great Britain, New Zealand and most likely all Commonwealth countries have Boxing Day.

Thanks for the tip on Boxing Day "Smooth". I was told by a Canadian that it was purely Canadian. I guess that guy needs to learn more about his countries traditions. :)

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.