Not sure I understand - Post ID 168853

User 493807 Photo

131 posts

Just received the email detailing a new Web Form Builder, I already have the Web Form Builder so will I get these updates or is this update separate and I have to but it again?

One thing I always looked forward to with CoffeeCup software is the fact that updates are free, I hope your not moving away from that.
When you speak - You repeat what you already know.
When you listen - You learn.
User 103173 Photo

VP of Software Development
0 posts

The new Form Builder is actually a completely new program which is no longer written in Flash and contains an absolute plethora of new features. You can see all the features here at https://www.coffeecup.com/store/specials/megapack/

This program will not be a free upgrade as we are considering it a new program. Right now we are offing a $29 special for you to get quite a few other programs as well as the new HTML version for one low price. We have not decided once the program is released, what sort of "upgrade" price we will have for just the new version by itself. It maybe only $29 or we may not have anything at all. This will not be decided until the program is released. If you think the $29 is a good deal, then go for that as you are then guaranteed to get the program for only $29.

Upgrades are always free within the life-cycle of the program. Before someone states we are changing the name just to get more money, that would be false. This program is a complete 100% re-write of the software and as such, we consider it a new program.
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 493807 Photo

131 posts

Thanks for the explanation.

Was thinking about getting the Access Manager anyways, so just purchased. :D
When you speak - You repeat what you already know.
When you listen - You learn.
User 122279 Photo

Senior Advisor
14,450 posts

I've read the specifiations of the new Form Builder, and they look interesting. Especially the date picker is something I've been waiting for.

One question about the payment options: They look very 'American', and in other parts of the world others may be more common, or preferred. Is there, or if not, can we have, an option to insert a custom payment solution, and by 'custom' I mean one that is widely used e.g. in my country?
Ha en riktig god dag!
Inger, Norway

My work in progress:
Components for Site Designer and the HTML Editor: https://mock-up.coffeecup.com

User 103173 Photo

0 posts

I am not sure I understand Inger. Are you saying you want to see the prices on CoffeeCup's website listed in a currency that is in the Norwegian Krone?
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 629005 Photo

Ambassador
2,174 posts

Scott Swedorski wrote:
I am not sure I understand Inger. Are you saying you want to see the prices on CoffeeCup's website listed in a currency that is in the Norwegian Krone?

I think she's referring to PayPal and such... Not as popularly used overseas (?).
Living the dream, stocking the cream :D
User 122279 Photo

Senior Advisor
14,450 posts

Phil is right, I was referring to the payment options in the new version of Form Builder. Not the currency, but those options like Paypal, Google checkout etc. They are alien to us here, so I'd like to be able to add in a payment solution that is more known here, hence my question about a 'custom' payment solution. Can that be done?
Ha en riktig god dag!
Inger, Norway

My work in progress:

User 103173 Photo

0 posts

Inger Eik wrote:
Phil is right, I was referring to the payment options in the new version of Form Builder. Not the currency, but those options like Paypal, Google checkout etc. They are alien to us here, so I'd like to be able to add in a payment solution that is more known here, hence my question about a 'custom' payment solution. Can that be done?

We are probably going to use the same API's that Shopping Cart Creator Pro uses so that we are not re-inventing the wheel so to speak. Since PayPal is the world's largest merchant, we will start with them and then add in others as we go.

PayPal is not well known in Norway?
User 122279 Photo

Senior Advisor
14,450 posts

Well, Pay Pal is the least 'alien' of the options mentioned in the specifications, but that is not to say that it is much loved here...
Ha en riktig god dag!
Inger, Norway

My work in progress:

User 122279 Photo

Senior Advisor
14,450 posts

Besides, I'm not asking this just for Norway, there are a bunch of other countries out there. ;)
Ha en riktig god dag!
Inger, Norway

My work in progress:

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.