Need assistance - Post ID 3178

User 448221 Photo

3 posts

I purchased the entire Coffe Cup Software package and even purchased the online and hard copy book. My disappointment ws that the manual I purchased only covered the technical side of HTML, etc. I am one of those technically challenged persons who only understands the 'point and click' mentality.

I work very long hours and only have weekends to work on my website. I was disappointed when I tried to call Coffee Cup today (Saturday) and found out they do not have tech advice on weekends. I went back and it DOES say only Mon.-Fri. on their 'contact us' page.

How is a person like me able to speak with a person when they are only open Mon-Fri? I was hoping the manual I purchased had the actual programs help instead of just code. I am a manual person. I looked for hours on the help pages in the software and online and could not find my answwer.

Is there anyone proficient with Coffee Cup that wouldn't mind assisting me on weekends? Once I learn the software, no sweat I'm sure.

Bob Coant
User 166871 Photo

185 posts

Bob
I have found the forums very useful...often more so than "live help lines" because the printed word is more stable that spoken.
Each time I have had a problem or question a very qualified person from Coffee Cup or an advisor has responded sometimes within minutes, certainly within a day or so. Most often someone else has had the problem and the answer is already posted on a forum.

My suggestion is to "lurk" in the forums assigned to each software package as a learning device even before you have a question. Should a question arise, do a search for a post on that particular topic. If nothing found, then articulate your question as specifically as possible and someone will respond, if you check the box at the bottom of the post on the forum you will get an email telling you when someone responds.

Tom
a Coffee Cup user and advocate of online help systems...
Vista Tom

User 448221 Photo

3 posts

Thank you Tom. I am trying to build a website for my vounteer fire dept. which I am a member. New York State has mandated that ALL volunteer fire departments must have a website stating your mission statement, etc. So I looked for several weeks and decided on Coffee Cup because it looked like the most 'complete' package and also looked user friendly.

So far I have got the front page fairly done but I cannot find specific details on how to make my links from page to page. I was hoping that someone out there might allow me to e-mail them my test website and ask questions while it;s in front of both of us.

This is my first attempt at something like this and I feel so inadequate.

Thanks again for replying to me. I appreciate a friendly voice.

Bob C.
User 133269 Photo

2,900 posts

Hi Bob

Did you find the online tutorials here?
http://www.coffeecup.com/designer/help/ … _Text_Link
Have fun
~ Fe Pixie ~
User 166871 Photo

185 posts

Bob
Feel free to email your page to me if you like, however, it would be easier to see it online at your host site. What CC software are you using?

tom
tkeckle@sbcglobal.net
Vista Tom

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.