Design issue, looking for opinions -...

User 1892988 Photo

151 posts

Thanks Cary.

Maybe I have to rephrase that note, but Flash objects and some scripts might conflict with your settings. On the other hand; the intended public is well aware of thos things because they visit sites with that kind of content often.

Although there are not many sites with such warnings (but there still are some), I think it's fair to inform the user. I do it (less obvious) on my site on-line too.

...but Gary...what about the overall design? :D
HTML Editor, Visual Site Designer, Web Form Builder, Picture Gallery, Fire Starter,
News Reader, Web Access Manager, Password Wizard

asaruba.com
beholdmyvision.com
User 471275 Photo

Ambassador
1,130 posts

I'm thinking the red text and links should be a little more in contrast to the darker background.

I agree with Tom on the above. Other then that I think the site and layout looks goed :)

User 462238 Photo

144 posts

Dick,

Have you checked out Shozam. I use it for a couple of clients (photographers who sell their artworks). Shozam is unique in that it offers elegant ready made themes or you can customize the theme to your own liking. The real value is that it incorporates a paypal cart to sell your wares!!! Opt for the business edition to sell your artwork and have full theme customization.

Many professional photographers use this software. It comes highly recommended for situations such as yours.

I use Coffee Cup Photo Gallery on a number of sites (and love it). But if you're eventually looking to sell your artwork, the ecommerce solution of Shozam is noteworthy.

User 1892988 Photo

151 posts

Hi J.S,

Thanks for the tips!

If you hadn't 87 posts on your name I would think you're a spammer :D

Your suggestions are valuable and useful out of a commercial point of view. On top of my priority list is to create art followed by promoting art followed by...

Somewhere under that list comes "money" and "Selling". If money was a top issue, I would have commercialize years ago already.

I have a SmugMug account which also could commercialize my photographs, but I choose, for reasons, not to do so.

By the way J.S., not creating your own site with CC,; What fun will that be? :D
HTML Editor, Visual Site Designer, Web Form Builder, Picture Gallery, Fire Starter,
News Reader, Web Access Manager, Password Wizard

asaruba.com
beholdmyvision.com
User 462238 Photo

144 posts

Dick,
I found CC long after developing with Front Page and updated Expression Web.
I do, however, use and need CC apps for a variety of proiects. Among them, Photo Gallery, Sitemapper, Forms, Web Access, Jukebox, Zip Wizard, Lock Box and a couple others are on my "to buy" list when needed.
CC is well represented on the sites I develope and maintain.
P.S. primetimebulldogs.com is my own site and exhibits many CC app uses.

Best wishes on your conversion... and my vote is the new elegant look.

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.