CoffeeCup software quirks - Post ID 3122

User 336671 Photo

5 posts

when you install an upgrade do i need to uninstall the current software?
User 282670 Photo

3,940 posts

safetyman hi,
it is always best to uninstall and restart then install upgrade .

User 133269 Photo

2,900 posts

Hey guys - popping your bugs in the coffee break forum won't get them noticed by the developers - if you can, please add them to the software suggestions topics in the appropriate forums so that the developers will see them next time program updates are done :)
http://www.pixieplots.co.nz/forum/images/smilies/023.gif
Have fun
~ Fe Pixie ~
User 132952 Photo

Ambassador
3,120 posts

Ahh...adding your own smiley w/ an img tag to spice up the forum. Why didn't I think of that? http://www.coffeecuphelp.com/adam/images/DancingSmiley.gif
User 406328 Photo

38 posts

Fe Pixie wrote:
Hey guys - popping your bugs in the coffee break forum won't get them noticed by the developers - if you can, please add them to the software suggestions topics in the appropriate forums so that the developers will see them next time program updates are done :)
http://www.pixieplots.co.nz/forum/images/smilies/023.gif

Not only have I contacted the developers of the problems, but I have also provided fixes/workarounds to tech support.

The issues I raised are common to most CC software so no one group is appropriate. I'm sure cross posting is frowned upon :mad: here.
Stress - the condition brought about by having to resist the temptation to beat the living daylights out of someone who richly deserves it.
User 132952 Photo

Ambassador
3,120 posts

Well, in this case, we're just making sure you get heard. There are a lot of posts like a Web Form question in Audio/Video section that should be in Contact, but I don't see a problem with cross-posting so long as it applies to each, like you said. Well, hopefully the issues will eventually be addressed in future updates as sometimes they are put on hold for extreme makeovers versus the quick fixes (kinda like Micro$oft's massive Service Packs vs a hotfix).
User 406328 Photo

38 posts

What was very frustrating was that I could reproduce my results in XP and Vista at will; that's seven windows installations on four PCs. CC said that as they had not heard of the issues before, it must be my computers at fault. These issues included the installed shortcut (of some programs) pointing to the install.log file and not the program's executable, uninstall failures (fix supplied) and being unable to turn off tips at startup when installing over a previous version (fix supplied).
Stress - the condition brought about by having to resist the temptation to beat the living daylights out of someone who richly deserves it.
User 133269 Photo

2,900 posts

DrTeeth wrote:
Fe Pixie wrote:

Not only have I contacted the developers of the problems, but I have also provided fixes/workarounds to tech support.

The issues I raised are common to most CC software so no one group is appropriate. I'm sure cross posting is frowned upon :mad: here.

Sweet - i was just concerned your important comments would be missed in here - whereas i know that the developers check the others :)

Some of us are convinced that the CC team has magic bug eating PCs ;) - yes, sometimes it takes a few tries to get a message through - usually it takes a few people to confirm your find and also post to convince the developers...

I've been lurking here in the forums for a few years now and notice that eventually someone will get to it - i think they must be pretty busy little developers...

This IS a good place to yell out for other users to test your bug finds and post their own reports though :)

Hehe - yeah Adam - I get bored with the standard smilies eh http://www.pixieplots.co.nz/forum/images/smilies/036.gif
Have fun
~ Fe Pixie ~

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.