Can't create a link? - Post ID 3295

User 470307 Photo

8 posts

When I click on say a button or text box, the link menu pops up but it is all greyed out and does not let me link to anything!!!

What am I doing wrong?
User 132952 Photo

Ambassador
3,120 posts

I'm assuming you're using Visual Site Designer (VSD). To make text a link, you have to actually highlight the text that you want to become the link, not just click to highlight the entire text box. You can either double-click on the textbox or choose the T icon (text tool) and click within the text box. In both cases, the text box's border will change from blue to red and from there, you can highlight the text you want to become a link.
User 472535 Photo

6 posts

Is there any way to have all the text within the red box as as the link rather than just one word?

Thanks
User 132952 Photo

Ambassador
3,120 posts

Sure, you'd simply highlight the whole paragraph and click the link button instead of highlighting one word. Either way, you still have to click and drag inside to highlight the text rather than just clicking the box to make a link. Hope that made sense.

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.