Windows 7 Compliant (32 & 64 -...

User 597929 Photo

1,332 posts

Phil: I see a HUGE nightmare for developers in the near future.:rolleyes:

Isn't that the default situation when developing for Microsoft products?
"You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline - it helps if you have some kind of a football team, or some nuclear weapons, but at the very least you need a beer." -- Frank Zappa

Visit Spinland Studios: http://www.spinland.biz
User 2144239 Photo

0 posts

Hi People!

Officially, all of our software is supported under Windows 7, XP, and Vista 32-bit. However, many of our users are able to use the software with Windows 64-bit running in Windows XP Compatibility Mode.

Follow these steps to set this up:
1. Right-click the program .exe file and select Properties.
2. Click the Compatibility tab.
3. Select the Run this program in compatibility mode for checkbox and select Windows XP.
4. Click OK.

If that doesn't work...sorry. Our software isn't designed for 64-bit so we can't offer additional support.

:)
User 629005 Photo

Ambassador
2,174 posts

Spinny wrote:
Phil: I see a HUGE nightmare for developers in the near future.:rolleyes:

Isn't that the default situation when developing for Microsoft products?

You got that right Spinny.

SEE Scott!!! We're just concerned for your (and your developers) well being. By requesting your software in Linux, it would ultimately reduce your stress level.
Living the dream, stocking the cream :D
User 2357383 Photo

17 posts

Running Windows 7 x64 using just about all of CoffeeCup's software programs and have experienced no problems. Thanks CC
User 185936 Photo

1 post

Okay, I have been using Coffee Cup with Windows Vista 64 for some time. I just upgraded to windows 7 and re-installed CC Html editor. Now it seems to start up but no window appears. It is in the task bar at bottom of screen and I can hover over it and see the window image but cannot move to it. Neither can I shut it down except when using the task manger and killing it. I have used multiple screens in the past and am working from my laptop now. Any thoughts. I have a lot invested in this and really expect it to work. I have tried Monica's suggestion and the only difference I have seen there is that it now asks me for permission to make changes to my computer.

Thanks
User 1998534 Photo

11 posts

Steve Botes wrote:
Okay,... CC Html editor. Now it seems to start up but no window appears. It is in the task bar at bottom of screen and I can hover over it and see the window image but cannot move to it. Neither can I shut it down except when using the task manger and killing it.

It almost sounds like it opened off screen. Right click on your task bar and Tile the windows and see if it comes back. If it's off screen you can't move it cause you can't grab it. Hope that's all there is.
Larry

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.