What happened to CODE CLEANER in the...

User 151712 Photo

3 posts

I have used CC for over 10 years and loved the simple CODE CLEANER. Used it on all pages. It was quick and easy. Now it is disabled on the 2009 CC editor. I am so disappointed! I have to go to W3C Markup Validator for each page. Can I have the old CC editor back??

2 old 2 learn new tricks. S.
S.
User 38401 Photo

Senior Advisor
10,951 posts

the code cleaner is still there S. but maybe it's not in the same place or same setup is all, and it doesn't work the same as it used to so check out your site visually prior to uploading changes after you use it. You'll find the Code Cleaner in the Tools area of the top menu. Happy Cleaning :)
User 151712 Photo

3 posts

Jo Ann, You are right. It is under tools, but it does not show mistakes so I can correct them. Do I assume it corrects and then I never know what I did wrong??
my big web site
http://www.texashillcountrygateway.com/

2 old 2 learn new tricks. S.
S.
User 38401 Photo

Senior Advisor
10,951 posts

I have to admit you're not the first to ask about this change, nor the only one wishing it was returned. Hopefully in a future version of CCHE we'll get that feature back so we can see what it's changed and learn from it as you suggest. Good luck on your site, it's looking nice :)

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.