We Want Mac Applications!! ( Let's...

User 103173 Photo

VP of Software Development
0 posts

Have you thought David that if you did send us some biscuits, maybe you would be in the beta group by now? :)

Seriously though, hundreds of people have been playing with the OSX applications for months now but we are very selective on who we invite in. Looking at your account though, your last order was in 2005 and you have only made 2 forum posts so you are pretty low down on the list compared to other customers who are a bit more active.

Have patience my friend. This is not some big conspiracy here. ;)
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 289981 Photo

28 posts

Hey Guys,

It's been a while since I've been on the forums. Things have gotten a little testy!! When I first started this thread, I was a little naive to think that CC would port everything over to Mac ... As a company that would have been unreasonable. But, I do believe CC has listened to its users and its clear they are responding.

I've read some of Scott's responses to the snippy comments and I have to say, he's been very reasonable and patient. Come on guys, the negative stuff gets nothing done. If you really support the products, just be patient and wait. This is a company that's putting part of their blood, sweat and money into something new. They have a right to be cautious to get it right.

I like the fact that people want to speak their mind, but hate it when they want to recklessly force it on others.

This is just a software request, not WWF online!!!!

(smile)

Gregory
User 123722 Photo

9 posts

And have you thought, Scott, that since 2005 you have not produced anything I could use on a Mac without the pain of Parallels?

When you guys were starting out (and in those days I bought - and have tried to keep updated - everything you produced) I supported, and raved about your company and its products.

Moving to a Mac made it difficult to justify buying later product I didn't really need.

I find your whole attitude over this (and you may think you are just being "jokey") really quite unprofessional and your tone insulting.

As I said - you just lost an advocate from your early days.

User 364143 Photo

5,410 posts

Quit your whining.
CoffeeCup... Yeah, they are the best!
User 629005 Photo

Ambassador
2,174 posts

Wow!!! Nothing like being appreciative of the fact that CC is working toward producing the software that it's users requested... MS doesn't listen to their customers, they just produce what they want (or rather what they can make the most $ with). They produce crap, then charge you to upgrade that crap to more crap... CC has a reputation of producing QUALITY products, and as we've seen in the past (thinking about SCC Pro) the wait is definitely worth it ;). I (like other here) would rather patiently wait for a quality release than have them rush out a hack-n-slash release.
Seems like the ones getting their underwear bunched up, are the ones that didn't get picked to be BETA testers... Nothing says that just because you put your name in the hat, you are guaranteed to be picked.
If you think you can do any better, step up... Sling some code and show us what you got. Otherwise
Tomalicious wrote:
Quit your whining.
Living the dream, stocking the cream :D
User 123722 Photo

9 posts

from your admins
Our administrators have sent you a message:

Maybe CoffeeCup just does not want you to be in the OS X beta program. Have you thought of that? :)

Play nice.

Your patronising boss made that clear yesterday
So why hold out the chance?
How many others who are hanging around waiting do you not want to be in the beta program?

Just be honest

User 597929 Photo

1,332 posts

I've been staying out of this because, seriously? People need to buy a clue. Rock on, CC.
"You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline - it helps if you have some kind of a football team, or some nuclear weapons, but at the very least you need a beer." -- Frank Zappa

Visit Spinland Studios: http://www.spinland.biz
User 289981 Photo

28 posts

I own several pieces of CC software and although I've moved over to the mac, I still use the CC Forms software for some of my biggest clients regarding their website. Here in Wisconsin, I've used CC software for a Mayoral website, a state Senator, a Congresswoman, a Judicial campaign and the list goes on and on.

Even though I'm a Mac user, I still love the ease of use which keeps me jumping back over to my Windows PC to put the finishing touches on my work. The forms work so well that last year I created a Q&A Form that asked over 60 intricate questions. That form held up for two months and was used over 1,400 times.

Not once did it fail, and when there were changes to be made I was able to do them on the fly with no problem.

So, you whiners can whine all you want, but I'm not.

Even though I started this "please port to Mac" discussion, I'm hating how some are using this to cry and whine. Find a product that has gone into R&D this quickly based simply off of its forum discussion. Lastly, you whiners have come into the discussion late. Your arguments are so out of context ... Really?

Respectfully ...

Gregory
User 210406 Photo

11 posts

I migrated all my websites to WordPress and then switched over to a MAC a few months ago. I have completely stopped using all CC software. CC makes great stuff, but until they port if over to MAC, I won't be using their stuff. Sorry, CC, it's not personal; I really like your approach and the products you make, I just don't use Windows anymore!
User 187934 Photo

Senior Advisor
20,193 posts

Steven, I think you missed something.;)
http://www.coffeecup.com/osx/
I can't hear what I'm looking at.
It's easy to overlook something you're not looking for.

This is a site I built for my work.(RSD)
http://esmansgreenhouse.com
This is a site I built for use in my job.(HTML Editor)
https://pestlogbook.com
This is my personal site used for testing and as an easy way to share photos.(RLM imported to RSD)
https://ericrohloff.com

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.