Search Engine Visibility - Post ID...

User 414501 Photo

564 posts

Are you saying that you are writing this software yourself?
Chad Spillars
"Look I finally made myself a signature!"
User 38401 Photo

Senior Advisor
10,951 posts

Well I bit the bullet and decided to check out the godaddy SEV setup and see what it's all about. So far in the past 10 minutes I've already learned a couple things so for the price of 30 bux for a whole year that's not too shabby I guess. Every little thing can help at this point I guess lol.
User 2007031 Photo

1 post

If you want to rank well in Google, some of the above is very good advice: longevity of your site and excellent content. However, that is just a small part of the equation. You need to build links to your website. If no other website values your website, then why should Google?

I never use metatags as they are not helpful and they only tell your competitors the terms you want to rank.
User 2357383 Photo

17 posts

Thanks for the information
User 2032430 Photo

6 posts

Barry Pendley wrote:
If you want to rank well in Google, some of the above is very good advice: longevity of your site and excellent content. However, that is just a small part of the equation. You need to build links to your website. If no other website values your website, then why should Google?

Barry, what are some of the best methods for building links?
User 629005 Photo

Ambassador
2,174 posts

Inni - One bit of help is networking... Socializing with others. Find people with sites that are relevant to your sites type of business and ask them to include a link to your site. It helps if the site linking to yours is rated well. Don't ask a computer repair site to link to your free range chickens and eggs site, as an example, the two just aren't even close to relevant and don't make sense to be linking to each other. But, your not likely to get your competition to link to you either. :D

Another way to get links to your site, is what you (and many others) do in your signature. Link to your sites when you post on forums and IT WILL Google to notice you MORE. Good, bad or indifferent, there it is.
Living the dream, stocking the cream :D
User 414501 Photo

564 posts

I have a friend who owns a business that specializes in helping business get the most out of social networking. It is a hugely untapped (and FREE if you do it yourself!) source of exposure:

http://www.chatterbuild.com/

The main reason for my posting here, though, is that I started this thread in September of last year saying I wished CC would make a software similar to GoDaddy's "Search Engine Visibility" product, but that didn't charge PER domain (yes, it's $29.99 per domain per year, WAY too expensive...).

Well I found a product very similar, in fact, probably better. WARNING: I haven't used this myself yet, I just found it. I share it here only because it LOOKS promising. If it interests you, certainly try the trial version before spending any money on it!

https://www.trafficseeker.com/index.html

It's more expensive but offers unlimited domains for one price. For example there is $99 option... but remember you only pay that ONE time.

Chad Spillars
"Look I finally made myself a signature!"

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.