PDF creation tool for web page - Post...

User 232225 Photo

Trial User
4 posts

Many php/mysql driven sites and blogs have a button you can click to generate a pdf of a page or an entire site.

Anyway you could make a tool/button that goes on any site even if not php/mysql so that visitors could pdf the content?
User 142146 Photo

Ambassador
15 posts

there is a program called Flashpaper2 that does what you are asking
User 174379 Photo

1 post

I have 3 different 1 x A4 sheet/s of paper containing 1. a permit 2. A planning application 3. instructions.

I want to allow people to download them from a web site, not as jpegs or gifs etc but as PDF's from a link in high quality for people to download to use, send off or produce as and when required.
User 322842 Photo

209 posts

Try PrimoPDF,
it acts like a printer on your system only it turns the document into a PDF.
And the price is cool - $0.00

http://www.primopdf.com/

Hope this helps.
User 193638 Photo

557 posts

Robert Williams wrote:
I have 3 different 1 x A4 sheet/s of paper containing 1. a permit 2. A planning application 3. instructions.

I want to allow people to download them from a web site, not as jpegs or gifs etc but as PDF's from a link in high quality for people to download to use, send off or produce as and when required.

I am doing the same thing on my site. I do believe if you just create the documents in whatever software (Word, etc.) then print them to a .PDF (Primo, as mentioned above) and save them to your server in a /PDF folder and then on your website, link to this PDF document. Then when someone clicks on the link to the said document on your website, it opens up in Adobe Reader and they can print it from there.
User 1859647 Photo

1 post

I would like a version of the photo gallery that allowed pdf's to be loaded! To be able to have "galleries" of pdf's and to have readers have the ability to scroll through an archive of documents would be wonderful. Right now, we use Olive, and it is cumbersome, expensive, and finicky to say the least... and only allows for file names to be designated as a date, not the actual publication... so searching is basically ruled out.

There simply is no good solution to this that I have found at a reasonable price (that is not a hosted solution). I know there are some open source programs, but I don't have time to troubleshoot and frankly I don't trust myself to do this cross browser without the chrome people screaming...

So, yeah, a pdf viewer set up basically like the photo gallery... I'll buy it... I'll even pre-pay for it...

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.