Map Creator - Post ID 185764

User 2122123 Photo

7 posts

A good product for Coffee Cup to add to their portfolio would be a Map Creator.

On my web site http://www.my-bicycling-adventure.com I cover all of the rides that we have done over time on our round the World tour. I want to add maps showing our routes. Well there are loads of on line packages that can enable you to do that, but many of them encompass the providers advertising, which I don't want. There are lots of ttols out there to help you do this. However, I have been working on this for several weeks and believe me none of them do exactly what I want and are limited in their scope. To achieve my needs I have to use a number of different tools. Google Maps, Google Maps API, GPS visualizer, spreadsheet manipulation. My last attempt using a Google Mpas API with path parameters resulted in Coffee Cup crashing (don't know the reason yet. It is the subject of a support submital).

Lots of people are developong mapping type apps.

There is definately a place for a good tool to enable the creation of maps showing routes, shapes, markers, etc which generates the code for you to paste into your html.

I really hope you take up this opportunity as there is a burning need foor it.

Thanks

Stephen
User 2014 Photo

3 posts

It appears you want a "drag and drop"-"graphics ready" software, with all the trimmings.
I doubt that'll happen anytime soon. I use "html editor, visual site designer, and coffecup graphics", and find creativity with these products is very helpful.

My suggestion, with out seeing a "sample" of your attempts, would be to grab individual US states off the internet [in graphics outline format]. Include "memorable" pictures/links, in "clickable" viewing format. Thus?, giving detailed information concerning each point you wish users to view.
Decorate your visited areas with a few graphics in that state/area.

Keep it clean, concise, and "Fun It Up"!... as it were...:)

BeWell... Good Luck!
RC

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.