Linux? - Post ID 3803

User 427513 Photo

10 posts

I've had Coffee Cup software for years on my Windows systems but recently have been playing around with Linux loaded on one of my computers with XP (dual boot).
I really like using Linux (and of course Coffee Cup!) and wonder if there are any plans to create a version of Coffee Cup software for use on Linux?
User 42578 Photo

Ambassador
1,176 posts

There was a version produced for Linux a few years ago.
It was not popular and did not pay for itself so it was dropped.

As far as I know, there are no plans for updating the old one or converting the current versions to Linux.

I have been using Linux for a few years and run any Win programs in a virtual machine (free) called Innotek VirtualBox, now owned by Sun.

Mike...
http://www.wpdfd.com
User 427513 Photo

10 posts

Thanks Mike! I have looked at different ways to get around running Windows just for the use of CC but that's a program I hadn't heard of yet. I wasn't sure how well VMs worked since I've never used one but I'm always willing to give a try with new software!

CC might want to look at Linux again since it's starting to gain traction with a lot of long time Windoze users like myself. I'm trying to get friends to use it as well and many people are open to the idea because Windoze keeps getting more expensive without seeing a lot of benefit to upgrading. I'm using Ubuntu and very happy with it on the older desktop and a newer laptop.

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.