HTML slide shows? - Page 2 - Post ID...

User 539803 Photo

2,156 posts

Melissa Brookstone wrote:
It may well be, but the old Windows XP slide show was free and I cant afford $40 for a slide show, as good as it looks.

So download a FREE trial of CC photogallery, and get everything done before the trial runs out

Yes you will have an advertising banner for CC on each gallery (fair trade off)

No you won't end up with google search results saying :: welcome to my website by Mellissa Brookstone::photogallery by jsplayer freeware for all your photogallery needs

And I often see search results like the above : great advert for shareware lousy advert for your website as it makes you look like a freeloader .

If you look in your code after using free programs those nasty embedded links are there take them out often causes 404 errors, leaving them in and your clients have another shop window to view taking them away from your hard earned google searched page.
Started using CC VSD in January 2009, I don't do HTML code, Sales from CC site exceeding expectations taken me out of semi-retirement
Hosted FREE on CC S DRIVE www.chauffeurdrivenluxurycars.co.uk
My new VSD & SCCP site Oct 2011 www.deloreanjewellery.co.uk
My friendly window cleaner www.mwcwindowcleaner.co.uk

User 122279 Photo

Senior Advisor
14,461 posts

Melissa, look at this site: www.johnsflats.com . The slide show I have used there is free, no shareware.
Ha en riktig god dag!
Inger, Norway

My work in progress:
Components for Site Designer and the HTML Editor: https://mock-up.coffeecup.com

User 404575 Photo

887 posts

Viv ...VSD & SCCP user wrote:
Melissa Brookstone wrote:
It may well be, but the old Windows XP slide show was free and I cant afford $40 for a slide show, as good as it looks.

So download a FREE trial of CC photogallery, and get everything done before the trial runs out

Yes you will have an advertising banner for CC on each gallery (fair trade off)

No you won't end up with google search results saying :: welcome to my website by Mellissa Brookstone::photogallery by jsplayer freeware for all your photogallery needs

And I often see search results like the above : great advert for shareware lousy advert for your website as it makes you look like a freeloader .

If you look in your code after using free programs those nasty embedded links are there take them out often causes 404 errors, leaving them in and your clients have another shop window to view taking them away from your hard earned google searched page.

Oh, I don't want slideshows for the company anyway, I just want them for photos of our pet birds. :)
Melissa Rhiannon
OS Windows 10
User 404575 Photo

887 posts

Inger Eik wrote:
Melissa, look at this site: www.johnsflats.com . The slide show I have used there is free, no shareware.

Wow, very nice Inger!
What's the name of the slide show?

Melissa Rhiannon
OS Windows 10
User 528054 Photo

209 posts

Hello Melissa.

My site is run by slideshows.... And there is one VERY VERY good free piece of software available to enable you to have photos in a site.

Its so good in fact that it defy's belief. Just like the CoffeeCup HTML Editor :)

I have noticed that any references to other software I have put up in this forum in the past have
mysteriously dissappeared. Hopefully this link will be ok... * *Removed Link to Rival Software - The reason your links to outside software disappear is because they are Rival Software not scripts **

The photo software in question, ie the main application, can be downloaded as well if you liked it.
It creates albums/slideshows, generates the html and can upload directly to your site.

The link at the bottom of this post, is my site, and if you would like to see one of the skins working,
it is there. Its my first and only site and I couldnt have done it without the HTML Editor and all the help I have had here...

Its VERY basic I am afraid but hopefully it shows the photos ok

Peter
User 404575 Photo

887 posts

Peter G wrote:
Hello Melissa.

My site is run by slideshows.... And there is one VERY VERY good free piece of software available to enable you to have photos in a site.

Its so good in fact that it defy's belief. Just like the CoffeeCup HTML Editor :)

I have noticed that any references to other software I have put up in this forum in the past have
mysteriously dissappeared. Hopefully this link will be ok... * *Removed Link to Rival Software - The reason your links to outside software disappear is because they are Rival Software not scripts **

The photo software in question, ie the main application, can be downloaded as well if you liked it.
It creates albums/slideshows, generates the html and can upload directly to your site.

The link at the bottom of this post, is my site, and if you would like to see one of the skins working,
it is there. Its my first and only site and I couldnt have done it without the HTML Editor and all the help I have had here...

Its VERY basic I am afraid but hopefully it shows the photos ok

Peter

Thanks Peter. Well they ARE trying to make a living here, after all. :lol:
Melissa Rhiannon
OS Windows 10
User 528054 Photo

209 posts

Well they ARE trying to make a living here, after all.

Mmmm, I guess so, sometimes I just dont think! But....

Will never hold back if its good stuff............... :rolleyes:

Peter
User 528054 Photo

209 posts

* *Removed Link to Rival Software - The reason your links to outside software disappear is because they are Rival Software not scripts

Ok............. Point taken!

I had been just thinking about the HTML editor, not your other stuff, the 'outside' software works
alongside the HTML editor so seamlessly that they compliment one another very very well.

Its not a Rival..... Its in another league.

I wont mention it again

Sorry!

Peter

User 2073552 Photo

1,625 posts

It is considered rival software to CC's Photo Gallery.
"An Apple doth not fall far from its tree, yet an orange does."

https://lbwebsitedesign.com - Responsive Web Design & Web Hosting Services.
http://helpsite.sirage.com - HTML5, CSS3 and CC Help Video Blog.
User 404575 Photo

887 posts

Now I'm gonna have to try the CC Photo Gallery. I feel guilty, after all, CC has been so generous with giving us free upgrades after the initial purchase.
Melissa Rhiannon
OS Windows 10

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.