How about a online signup program -...

User 201224 Photo

Trial User
2 posts

Groups and organizations that work with volunteers or companies that take clients on a time basis like hairdressers would need a way for people to signup for events and times. Something similar to a paper signup sheet. with a date and list of times and the volunteer would pick an open slot and be asked for their information. this information would be stored in a file on the server and emailed to the organizer. The slot would then be listed as taken. if they can't meet their obligation or need to change their time they just release the old timeslot and choose an new one. I have seen companies that provide this service but not any programs that you can do it yourself.
User 124227 Photo

73 posts

Brilliant Idea jmaurer, but I would ask that if they could intergrate the feature you mentioned into the webcalendar style for example

The voulnteer would click the date first, then the time slot they be able to do i would suggest they break the times up into 15minute intervales so you can have i.e 16.00 16.15 16.30 16.45 17.00, what you think

thanks
peter french

User 201764 Photo

4 posts

Making it part of a calendar would also be a good idea. but most signups are event driven. You tell people you need volunteers and then ask them go to this url and signup for your event. with a calendar they may pick the wrong day and event. so it would be better to make it a separate program. then if you want to access it from a calendar program like coffecups web calendar then it could be a link from the calendar info to the signup page.

IT would be good to make it like a grid. first column being the times. The program can ask for start and end times and slot increments (every 5, 10, 15 minuts lets say. then add a column for each volunteer or day that the people are needed. so a event that needed 3 volunteers for each time would have 4 columns, (Times - Volunteer 1 - Volunteer 2 - Volunteer 3) and event that ran for three days could also have 4 columns (Times - Day 1 - Day 2 - Day 3).

what do you think.
User 124227 Photo

73 posts

Thats good Idea as you said use like the calendar format as

you have a page for example vounteerform.htm

You would have on the grid

Date Day and Time of Event, Event Last for x amount of day(s)

Name of Voulnteer,

Time Voulnteer Can Start and which day
Time Voulnteer wants to finish,

in the background you would have the even time need to be covered so for instansce if the event started at 09.00 and finish at 09.00 and you have put down for 4 voulteers

first voulnlteer put down 9.00 - 12.30
second voulnteer puts down 12.00 - 17.00
thrid voulnteer putsd down 17.00 - 18.00
fourth voulnteer puts down 16.00 - 17.30

it changes the for to 5 voulnters required as you still need someone to cover 17.30 - 21.00

do you think thats a good idea ?

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.