Font size in Win7 - Post ID 99238

User 2013864 Photo

Trial User
4 posts

Be aware that as WIN 7 gives option of easily resizing the default fonts
to enlarge 125% and 150% or personal % by user. This affects the size of the drop down tool menus. Anything larger that the basic WIN 7 default size will make some options of a tool window unseen and thus unusable. When I dropped back to the basic default font size I could see the tool menus as they should be. Frustrated me awhile in that I first thought the VSD program was at fault.
User 122279 Photo

Senior Advisor
14,463 posts
Online Now

Thanks for posting this bit of advice! There will probably be more people who have just changed to Win7 and are faced with the same problem.
Ha en riktig god dag!
Inger, Norway

My work in progress:
Components for Site Designer and the HTML Editor: https://mock-up.coffeecup.com

User 629005 Photo

Ambassador
2,174 posts

Funny you should mention this... I spent hours last night TRYING to find a way to adjust the DPI. I could only find the option of making it 100% 125% 150% etc... I need to reduce the percentage as an inch on Win7's ruler (that they show on the settings box) does not equal an inch on my ruler.

STRIKE 1!!!
Living the dream, stocking the cream :D
User 2013864 Photo

Trial User
4 posts

Super Easy: On Win 7 desktop: rt click; Choose Personalize; at bottom of next screen click "Display"
You are there.
You can choose the three listed percentages or customize any % you prefer. But as I mentioned, the VSD screen will probably require you to be at the Win 7 default of 100% to see the drop down menus for some tools.
I toughed it out for hours with partial drop down menus, thinking my VSD program was at fault. That is because I prefer the larger font size due to tired, old eyes. So I just drop back to the default when doing Coffee Cup. Only negative is that you must reboot Windows when changing font size.

PS: Is it possible to paste a background on the page instead of using solid colors? I am just starting out as a trial user (though I like what I see and will buy.) I am not a "template" type and want to make my own backgrounds. No, I am not into HTML yet and may not be due to time pressures. I used to use a drag and drop by GlobalScape and did well, but it is no longer available on the market. As you have posted so many times, I am guessing you are not a novice to VSD. If you have tip just email me at:
bro_david@suddenlink.net.
User 2013864 Photo

Trial User
4 posts

PS re: Win 7. May be off thread a bit, but I just wanted to report how pleased I have been with Win 7. Used the Pre Release program 5 months before purchaing. (Wow: Family pack allowed me to install on three computers with legit activation for $149, but that was a sale on opening week. It is a real improvement over XP and Vista. I have been through every MS Dos and Windows since 1982. Bill gets a lot of flak from naysayers, but they came up with a good OS this time, IMHO. I remember the lawsuits against MS few years ago and I always thought it might have been quite ironic that lawyers' clerks were typing the Court Pleadings with ole' MS Word! (I work in a law office.;) )
My apologies for being off thread.
User 103173 Photo

VP of Software Development
0 posts

bro_david wrote:
PS re: Win 7. May be off thread a bit, but I just wanted to report how pleased I have been with Win 7. Used the Pre Release program 5 months before purchaing. (Wow: Family pack allowed me to install on three computers with legit activation for $149, but that was a sale on opening week. It is a real improvement over XP and Vista. I have been through every MS Dos and Windows since 1982. Bill gets a lot of flak from naysayers, but they came up with a good OS this time, IMHO. I remember the lawsuits against MS few years ago and I always thought it might have been quite ironic that lawyers' clerks were typing the Court Pleadings with ole' MS Word! (I work in a law office.;) )
My apologies for being off thread.

It sure is. Vista was just the worst operating system I ever used, but I have really enjoyed Windows 7 so far.
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 629005 Photo

Ambassador
2,174 posts

bro_david wrote:
Super Easy: On Win 7 desktop: rt click; Choose Personalize; at bottom of next screen click "Display"
You are there.
You can choose the three listed percentages or customize any % you prefer.

That's where I've been (many times) and I can ONLY select 100/125/150/200%'s. No customized %'s (that I can find at all) and nothing BELOW 100% which is what I need. I've tried changing the resolution, just to see if I could get it fixed. No dice.:rolleyes::mad:
Living the dream, stocking the cream :D

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.