eLearning Software - Post ID 161175

User 201546 Photo

Ambassador
24 posts

Would love to see a screencast program from you guys. Not so much for the social media, although it could be used for that. Ashampoo has Snap3 - small, decent, but lacks some basic editing and enhancement features, for instance, it doesn't allow you to edit or add callouts, etc in captured video or software demonstration video.
Adobe has Captivate - full blown program. Very good for simulations and demonstrations, but still lacks in some areas such as versatility to add editing callouts, etc.
Camtasia - definitely getting better, in my opinion - only been using the new version for a short time now, it is the best in capture and ability to add captions, etc.
SnagIt 9 by TechSmith (same as Camtasia) - pretty good little program, but needs some help.

There are a ton of free utilities, but they all only have partial features. Screenr is one of the best online ones.

In the world of eLearning, there are a lot of similarities between web dev and eLearning. An awesome product for screen casting could not only hit the web dev community, but help out us eLearning fools too.
Trainer-Educator-Innovator
Entrepreneur
Process Improvement
Creative Thinker

User 133269 Photo

2,900 posts

Good idea

Other examples are...

Jing project
debugmode Wink
Have fun
~ Fe Pixie ~
User 358533 Photo

3 posts

Yes, this is something I asked about a couple of years ago. I would love to see a Coffee Cup version of an LMS. If it would be anything like your other stuff it would be great.

The program I use now works well for me, but it took a lot of code tweaking, but what do you expect for free? I would definitely volunteer to be part of a beta test group for this idea.....
User 2172394 Photo

7 posts

I'll cast my vote for a screencasting program! :D

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.