E-Card System - Post ID 196883

User 171044 Photo

Ambassador
64 posts

I think this would be a really cool addition to the CoffeeCup Suite. Have been doing research on currently available products...often using PHP. Requirements would be: ecard senders would not need to register to use the service. Webmasters just make available a set of cards. When senders want to send a card, they select the card, add their text and IMPORTANTLY, have some kind of captcha function to prevent spammers abusing the system. I do not see why the ecard system should require recipients to receive an email notification of where to go to pick up their ecard. It is emailed directly.

What do you think team. Ecards would be a great addition to drive traffic to a CoffeeCup built site.

Keep up the brilliant work

Matt
User 321891 Photo

1 post

I have a few clients that want to offer free ecards on their websites..... Boy would I love to offer them a coffee cup solution! Any idea if this will ever be offered????
User 1911040 Photo

1 post

I'm interested in e-cards too. Has this idea gone anywhere since 2008?
User 163444 Photo

11 posts

My wish for a long time, too. An easy CC solution for e-cards (stills and animated).
User 171044 Photo

Ambassador
64 posts

Not heard a sausage.....ah well. I think the CC team has been pre-occupied with HTML editor and new Form Builder and Shopping Cart Creator....but we wait and see. Matt
User 163444 Photo

11 posts

Yes, we wait patiently - and from time to time let's push this topic a bit upwards. ;)
:)
Martina
User 2209775 Photo

108 posts

Oh I like this idea too! But it would have to have a Mac version as well for me to use.
User 103462 Photo

Ambassador
22 posts

I'm with you all on this one too. As a seller of 'paper' cards having e-cards would be the next natural step for me.

Take care,

Jayne
User 199053 Photo

55 posts

Great idea! Let's see it happen....
When everything is running sweet, that's the time to worry!
User 38401 Photo

Senior Advisor
10,951 posts

I'm gonna take a wild shot here and deduct that since this original post was made over 5 years ago, that this is probably not going to happen and you should look for some current applications somewhere that may already offer this. Good luck on it though, it's a great idea, but doing something like this is more of a product rather than a website software so it's probably not going to happen with Coffeecup.

I don't say this to make anyone upset, just saying that usually if they do plan to do something someone requests, someone from CC (usually Scott) will chime in at some point and make a comment about it being yes no maybe or never and so far in 5 years... well nothing here.

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.