CC is taking me hostage - Post ID 105298

User 304640 Photo

24 posts

I currently have both CC HTML Editor and the Visual Designer trial software installed on my XP system for evaluation. I like a lot of what I see in this software and would like to purchase it, but a real deal-breaker is the fact that CC is forcing me to install on my C: partition, set up ONLY to hold my operating system. My software and my data are each set up on their own partitions. This is sound practice, even though a lot of people don't follow it. I wanted to pull myself into the 21st Century and wean myself from Frontpage, which I have been using since its inception, but I refuse to re-create all the web sites I manage and dump them and their dependent files onto my operating system partition. Trying to force the installs to the drive of my choice merely splits the installation, distributing the program files in two different locations and making it impossible to manage the program. It has been years since I have encountered a software company that forces installations onto the C: drive. This is unacceptable today. Is there a workaround for this?

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.