A Joomla or Wordpress Template...

User 42731 Photo

1 post

I would love for coffeecup to come up with an easy to use template creator for Joomla or Wordpress CMS systems.
User 364143 Photo

5,410 posts

Check out Artisteer. You will love it. :)
CoffeeCup... Yeah, they are the best!
User 544680 Photo

171 posts

I have it but don't use it. It's buggy and the support is horrible.
User 364143 Photo

5,410 posts

Use an older version that is stable. I agree that their support is nowhere near the level of CoffeeCup support.
User 2028484 Photo

94 posts

I would think this would be relatively easy for CC to make, as it is similar to several other programs. Who knows, they may already be working on it. Several years ago I used to make Wordpress templates from scratch. It wasn't a fun experience. I thought that the new version was supposed to make all of this much easier. It's frustrating for people when templates and skins are so hard to develop.

You do not need a parachute to skydive. You only need a parachute to skydive twice.
User 364143 Photo

5,410 posts

My guess is that they wont venture into the business of having to update their software every time a third party updates theirs. But I could be wrong. :)
User 544680 Photo

171 posts

Tom wrote:
Use an older version that is stable. I agree that their support is nowhere near the level of CoffeeCup support.

There isn't a stable version. With every version they released there were bugs (at least in creating Drupal templates.) None of the versions I have support WP 3, either.

One of the things that irritated me the most with Artisteer is that I paid $130 for software that is unusable. As a customer, updates and upgrades are free for one year. Beyond that you must renew with an annual subscription. It doesn't seem right to me that I must pay for bug fixes. I can understand paying an upgrade fee for a new version but not for flaws in their program.
User 2028484 Photo

94 posts

Tom wrote:
My guess is that they wont venture into the business of having to update their software every time a third party updates theirs.
Never implied every version, but when they made the jump from v2 to v3 it was one of the things promised by WP.

I feel bad that BookPublisher is going through this. $130 is a LOT of money for software, and the company that makes it has no excuse to not have a stable version.

You do not need a parachute to skydive. You only need a parachute to skydive twice.
User 364143 Photo

5,410 posts

What type of bugs? Are these bugs with Drupal or plugins? I threw up a quick test site using Drupal and the template functioned as expected using 2.5. And I have no problems with Joomla or WordPress templates. 3.0 has some issues but it's in beta.
User 544680 Photo

171 posts

I purchased Artisteer in 2009. With that purchase came one year of free updates and upgrades. During that one year period, 13 builds were released (supposed bug fixes and 3 version changes from 2.2 to 2.5). New bugs were created with each new build. What once worked would now be broken in a new release. Every one of the 13 releases I have contain bugs; some bigger than others but enough to make the program unusable for my purposes.

I realize this isn't the proper place to discuss another software program but I cannot recommend to anyone that they purchase Artisteer.

I can, however, add my vote for a template/styler program from Coffee Cup that supports the three most popular open-source CMS applications.

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.