2 recommendations - Post ID 265102

User 47216 Photo

205 posts

1 Has there ever been talk about creating a Database program to easily set up a mysql database for a website?

2. I love the ease of having the FTP uploader as part of the HTML Editor but it would be even better if it allowed for uploading of non html files (pdf, images etc)
User 187934 Photo

Senior Advisor
20,188 posts
Online Now

Captain Ron wrote:
2. I love the ease of having the FTP uploader as part of the HTML Editor but it would be even better if it allowed for uploading of non html files (pdf, images etc)

I haven't found a file yet that the html editor won't upload.
I can't hear what I'm looking at.
It's easy to overlook something you're not looking for.

This is a site I built for my work.(RSD)
http://esmansgreenhouse.com
This is a site I built for use in my job.(HTML Editor)
https://pestlogbook.com
This is my personal site used for testing and as an easy way to share photos.(RLM imported to RSD)
https://ericrohloff.com
User 47216 Photo

205 posts

How would I upload a file using the HTML Editor?.
If I have an HTML file opened up in the editor I can upload it fine by going to file - upload to server

But if I want to upload say a PDF file, what do I do?

I tried having it show in the left pane window with the rest of the files in the directory i am viewing but if I right click on it "Upload Selected files with FTP" is grayed out

Attachments:
User 103173 Photo

VP of Software Development
0 posts

Captain Ron wrote:
How would I upload a file using the HTML Editor?.
If I have an HTML file opened up in the editor I can upload it fine by going to file - upload to server

But if I want to upload say a PDF file, what do I do?

I tried having it show in the left pane window with the rest of the files in the directory i am viewing but if I right click on it "Upload Selected files with FTP" is grayed out

You need to configure your FTP accounts first under the File Menu > Upload to Server > Add or Edit Servers.
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 47216 Photo

205 posts

Yes I do have all of that set up and use it for uploading HTML files as I edit them but like I said I cannot upload something unless it is open in the editor. So if I want to upload a PDF file, I cannot
User 103173 Photo

VP of Software Development
0 posts

Captain Ron wrote:
Yes I do have all of that set up and use it for uploading HTML files as I edit them but like I said I cannot upload something unless it is open in the editor. So if I want to upload a PDF file, I cannot

From the My Websites Tab you must have a Website Project created and open otherwise you have to use the My Computer Tab.

Also, just defining an FTP account is only part of the process. Under the Advanced area you need to define bookmarks on locations that you want to upload files to.

There is no limitation though in the Editor on what file extensions you can upload.
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 47216 Photo

205 posts

ok.... got it working now. Just had to use the "My Computer" tab

Thanks a ton !

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.