Why Yandex? - Post ID 223632

User 2209775 Photo

108 posts

Why was Yandex selected as one of the three search engines to submit to? It ignores every robots file and rule you set.
I have them blocked several different ways in my htaccess file and robots.txt file and they STILL ignore all the rules set for them. This is one of the worst bots out there. Am I missing something?
User 103173 Photo

VP of Software Development
0 posts

Yandex is a Russian Internet company which operates the largest search engine in Russia with about 60% market share in that country. It also develops a number of Internet-based services and products. Wikipedia

Stock price: YNDX (NASDAQ)$43.14-0.01 (-0.02%)
Headquarters: The Hague
Founded: 2000

http://www.coffeecup.com/forums/sitemapper/why-yandex/
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 2209775 Photo

108 posts

I know who they are, Scott. It's their blatant disregard for the robots file that irks me and many other site owners.
China's Baidu spider is just as bad. totally ignores robots file and bashes through forbidden directories unless you outright ban the thing. Both are favored by spammers who like to hit forums and try to sell drugs and counterfeit handbags and shoes :D
User 103173 Photo

VP of Software Development
0 posts

Twitchin Kitten wrote:
I know who they are, Scott. It's their blatant disregard for the robots file that irks me and many other site owners.
China's Baidu spider is just as bad. totally ignores robots file and bashes through forbidden directories unless you outright ban the thing. Both are favored by spammers who like to hit forums and try to sell drugs and counterfeit handbags and shoes :D

I have not had any issues like that. They have always not indexed whatever I setup.

http://help.yandex.com/webmaster/contro … ts-txt.xml
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 2209775 Photo

108 posts

:) Consider yourself lucky.

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.