Trial VS Full Version of Sitemapper -...

User 1974115 Photo

6 posts

Anyone know the differences between the Trial and Full Version of this software?

I have downloaded the Trial, to "take it for a spin"; but I'm not sure if I'm expecting too much or just have another glitch.

I can Scan my site and Create a sitemap, but when I try to upload it to my server I get a "11004 [11004] Valid Name, No Data Record, check DNS Setup". Maye this is by design in the Trial Version, but I don't know, and the literature doesn't give the distinctions between the two.

Also, in the Scan and Creation process, the sitemap has to be saved to a file before uploading. Should the sitemap be saved in the Website Project Folder to be uploaded to my server as part of the entire website, or does it matter, e.g., saving it to another file and uploading VIA FTP?

dce

User 38401 Photo

Senior Advisor
10,951 posts

Hiya David,

Although I can't answer the error problem, I can tell you that the Sitemapper is a separate entity all it's own and will therefore let you setup all the upload of it within it. You can save the sitemap files anywhere you like, I prefer to save them in my website projects directly so I don't get multiple sites mixed up, but if you're only working on one and you don't want to overwrite an existing file just save it elsewhere to take a look at it and such. Other than that, you can upload it all right inside Sitemapper (unless of course you get the errors you're getting that is) and there's usually no need to upload the files manually.

If someone doesn't answer your post & someone from CC doesn't respond to this post today, I would suggest you open a support ticket and bring this to their attention so they can assist you with the error problem.

you can open a ticket by using the top menu and going to Get Support and within that page is the Support Links you need for opening a ticket.
User 103173 Photo

VP of Software Development
0 posts

David, check in your FTP setup and make sure you have not added any spaces before or after the HOST Name. This could cause that error.

The trial version has only one limitation and that is the XML file will only have the first 5 links found.

You can also upload the files really any way that is easiest for you to maintain. I know users who do it both ways.
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 629005 Photo

Ambassador
2,174 posts

Scott wrote:
I know users who do it both ways.

I asked you not to mention that here... :lol:
Living the dream, stocking the cream :D
User 103173 Photo

VP of Software Development
0 posts

HAHA. You just wait until Jo Ann sees that! :)
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 629005 Photo

Ambassador
2,174 posts

Hey I've never hidden the fact that I go two ways (Linux and Windows), heck I'd go Mac too if I could afford another one :rolleyes:

I just didn't want it announced :)
Living the dream, stocking the cream :D
User 38401 Photo

Senior Advisor
10,951 posts

HAHAHAHA you guys are nuts!

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.