Sitemapper draws a blank - Post ID 43330

User 404575 Photo

887 posts

I just downloaded and installed SiteMapper and tried it. I told it to spider http://www.coloradoprocessservers.net

It came up with a blank page, nada. What did I do wrong?
Melissa Rhiannon
OS Windows 10
User 355448 Photo

Ambassador
3,144 posts

Melissa,

Did you use the entire address in the site mapper?

I just checked, and came up with six pages.
Interesting Links - CRCP - A Little History - Credentials - Areas and Counties Covered - Member NAPPS

All I did was copy the link from your signature, and paste it in the opening window of the program, and click the next button.
User 404575 Photo

887 posts

billr wrote:
Melissa,

Did you use the entire address in the site mapper?

I just checked, and came up with six pages.
Interesting Links - CRCP - A Little History - Credentials - Areas and Counties Covered - Member NAPPS

All I did was copy the link from your signature, and paste it in the opening window of the program, and click the next button.

How weird. Today it works for me too.

Yesterday all I got was blank results.

Is there a sitemapper server that may have been down before?

By the way, is it better to name a web page .html instead of .htm? Does it work better in the search engines?
Melissa Rhiannon
OS Windows 10
User 355448 Photo

Ambassador
3,144 posts

Melissa@Forethought.net wrote:
By the way, is it better to name a web page .html instead of .htm? Does it work better in the search engines?

I doubt it matters to the search engines. As I understand it, back when I was learning about computers, file names were limited to what was called 8.3 or eight characters for a name, and three characters for the extension. I suspect the .htm is left over from that time.

Search engines will have no problems locating either .htm or .html pages.

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.