Sitemap won't submit to Google - Post...

User 1981380 Photo

2 posts

Hello, very new to coffee cup but I love this software. I've created a site at www.baseballcity.net. My operating system is Vista and I just purchased the Google Sitemapper today after I had played with the trial version.

I've run through the steps of creating the sitemap.xml and I've uploaded the files. I obviously don't know where the files are since when I try to submit to Google I get "We are experiencing trouble accessing your site map". I even tried going directly to Google but I get the 404 error with them.

Can someone help me determine what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks,
Stephanie
User 355448 Photo

Ambassador
3,144 posts

Stephanie,

Did you upload the sitemap files using the site mapper, or did you use an FTP program?

Do you remember where you put the sitemap?

If you did not upload the files, you need to do so for Google to be able to find the sitemap.

If you do not remember where you put the sitemap files, use an FTP program and locate the URL for the sitemap, and give Google the URL to the XML file.
User 355448 Photo

Ambassador
3,144 posts

Stephanie,

I just found your sitemap. It appears that you did not upload all the files. You should have uploaded 6 files:

sitemap.html
sitemap.xml
sitemap.csm
smfolder.gif
smimg.gif
smfile.gif

I checked and did not find the xml file.
User 1986954 Photo

3 posts

I received the following error message when I tried doing the Google Sitemap Submission

We were unable to submit your sitemap for the following reasons:

?Your sitemap is not configured to use Google's XML schema.

Before doing this, I signed into my Coffee Cup Account and I used the version (4.7.1) of the software that I purchased this past weekend
User 1986954 Photo

3 posts

After Reading Bill R post to Stephanie, I checked the the software did not upload sitemap.csm so I manually ftp that file to the web server and tried the Google Sitemap Submission, but sitill received the same error message.

We were unable to submit your sitemap for the following reasons:

?Your sitemap is not configured to use Google's XML schema.
User 1986954 Photo

3 posts

Hi There....

I found my error....

I left off the http:// from the Google Sitemap URL.

Once I added that, I got the following message:

Your Sitemap was successfully submitted!

By the way, how long does it take for Google to be updated once a sitemap is submitted?

Last question for the night,...When adding Meta Tags, are they seperated by a comma, semicolon or some other character?
User 147570 Photo

24 posts

error message is
"We are experiencing trouble accessing your sitemap"

I am not sure what is going wrong
I use CCFTP to put all 6 files in

http:// www.seniorsafe.ca/sitemap.xml

that did not work so I put in http:// www.seniorsafe.ca/sitemap/sitemap.xml

the directory sitemap does did not exist, so I added to both local and online
and it still came up with the same error message

also the FTP loggin within Sitemapper seems to be unable to login while CCdirect seems to be fine
justin Gobel
User 355448 Photo

Ambassador
3,144 posts

Can you navigate to your sitemap.xml with a web browser?

If so, copy that URL and give that to Google.

If you cannot navigate to your sitemap.xml, you need to locate it or upload it to your site.

User 355448 Photo

Ambassador
3,144 posts

Justin,

Is there a reason you inserted a space in the URL for your sitemap?

Try copying this link http://www.seniorsafe.ca/sitemap.xml and submit that via the submit to Google. I checked that link and can view the sitemap.xml file.

Another option is to sign-up with Google Webmaster and then submit the URL via the webmaster tools.
User 147570 Photo

24 posts

Thank you, No there is no good reason to insert the space:P
I took the space out at the front, but neglected the other side

thanks again it worked of course:rolleyes:

BillR wrote:
Justin,

Is there a reason you inserted a space in the URL for your sitemap?

justin Gobel

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.