sitemap will not upload - Post ID 215680

User 2202757 Photo

1 post

I am running off of Windows 8. Goggle tools tells me that I do not have a sitemap. I attempt to update the sitemap with the following results. I created the sitemap successfully using the Default Horizontal format and the filename fpsitemap.html. I hit the upload button and get to 'My servers' window. The server is furtherpeperspectives.com. The username and password are as given by justhost and are the ones that work when loading Filezilla. Port 21 as in Filezilla. Initial remote folder is public_html as in filezilla. Initial Local folder is C:/Users/Robert/Documents/furtherspectives as in Filezilla. I hit Apply. Nothing happens that I can see. I hit OK and get the 'Upload' window. The server shows up as fpsitemap but the home directory is only Browse. When I select Browse, I get the 'Chose Your Home Directory' window. There is nothing to select. When I select 'show FTP log, I see the last line is '530 You aren't logged in PASV' and the status at the bottom of the window is 'Requesting directory'. When I close out Sitemap, it asks if I would like to save the sitemap. I select yes and it chooses furtherperspectives.com under the directory C:/ Program Files (x86)/CoffeeCup Software/CoffeeCup Sitemapper/Sitemaps. When I go to this directory, there is nothing in it so I can't use Filezilla to load it. Please help.

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.