Site mapper Will It Work with eBay? -...

User 389264 Photo

337 posts

Before starting this thread I did a search for eBay sitemapper with one result in The Break Room buried in a thread that currently has 23 pages.

1. Is there an easier way to find the exact post rather than reading through pages of unrelated posts?

2. Is any one using sitemapper with your eBay listings? Any advice would be helpful

I have successfully used sitemapper with my Coffee Cup Shopping Cart and submitted it to Google. A large percent of the hits for this store are coming from search so I think sitemapper is helping. When I try using sitemapper with my eBay store I get a mass of information unlike the concise .xml file I get with my CC store. eBay does a poor job of promoting stores so it's up to me to promote it.

Thanks
User 471275 Photo

Ambassador
1,130 posts

I do not think you can use it with ebay as your website with ebay is not like a stand alone website it is linked to ebay itself. This is the reason you are getting such a large xml file.

Hope answers your question :)

User 389264 Photo

337 posts

Thanks ad99wd, I think you are so correct. eBay is the pits but it's an icon so I keep going back. Waiting with baited breath for Coffee Cup Shopping Cart Pro!.
User 471275 Photo

Ambassador
1,130 posts

Sally glad to help. I am also waiting for the CC Shopping pro version :)

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.