Missing Group information in GET...

User 38401 Photo

Senior Advisor
10,951 posts

Missing Group information in GET request to the Shopping Cart.

That's the error message that Google Crawl Errors reports for almost 50 pages of my shop. I have no clue what that means lol. Any ideas here would be most appreciated as it's not the first time I've seen this. Last time it was just 1 link and I forwarded it to the correct page, but this time it's way too many and I've no idea what's wrong. It looks like the links are not the same as what the shop links really are, as if they are changed somewhere and somehow but I've no idea where or how.

There are 48 of these in the "In Sitemaps" errors section and 49 in Soft 404s which I don't have any clue what that is either. When I click any of the links it gives me that error message at the top about Missing group info...etc.

All the "linked from"'s for all the links says Unavailable so I don't know where these links are coming from. Here's an example of what is in each of them, I have put a space after the http part so that it doesn't result in a real link here on the forums so please copy and paste and remove that space to see the error message, but this shows you the way the links are showing up in the google error pages list:

Links are mostly the same for both the In Sitemaps and Soft 404s:
http:// accessoriesoftheworld.com/shop/viewitem.php?groupid=12&productid=716

This is the actual link:
http:// accessoriesoftheworld.com/shop/viewitem.php?groupid=12&productid=716

As you can see something is adding an amp; between the groupid and the productid

I just recently added a little over 50 new items to my shop a few weeks ago, I'm about to go check this theory but I think most of these errors may be from those new items. I'll post again and verify that so you know that too.

Any help here would be most appreciated as I'm totally lost with this, thanks very much in advance :)
User 38401 Photo

Senior Advisor
10,951 posts

Ok I've narrowed down that the errors are all coming from items that I recently added or recently turned publish back on (they were out of stock so I turn publish off rather than delete them, then I turn it back on and put the item back in the category again. I pull items out of a category into an out of stock unpublished category when they are out of stock then return them to their original category on restock)

But keep in mind, this might not be "from" the SCC program, and I've no idea where the links are from since the google list says the "Linked From" is unavailable I am unable to check. :/
User 117361 Photo

Ambassador
6,076 posts

In the process of moving them out of one category to then put back again, are you certain that there is not a ghost left in the original (or substitution) category? Is anything cached or not overwritten correctly anywhere that might be causing this I wonder?
User 38401 Photo

Senior Advisor
10,951 posts

no clue Janys, there isn't anything visible that is left in the other categories, and it's strange because I've moved things around before over the past year and never got this message until recently about maybe a month and a half ago for the first time and only on 1 product that I put back into action after it having been out of stock. Don't know about where I'd look for anything cached or not overwritten correctly.
User 38401 Photo

Senior Advisor
10,951 posts

Forgot to say that I'm using SCC version 3.7 build 2751 on my live shop.
User 289442 Photo

161 posts

Jo Ann,
On the example link you provided I didn't get an error at all. Went directly to the product.

Firefox 3.6.8
User 38401 Photo

Senior Advisor
10,951 posts

Hiya TomH,

the first link or the second link? the first one is the one that is giving the errors. Am also on 3.6.8 FF, but it's not our browsers that the problem is in, it's with Google that is reporting these errors to me.
User 289442 Photo

161 posts

Hi Jo Ann,

Oooops! grabed the wrong url the first time. Got the first one now and see what you mean.

Can't fathom where that amp is coming from.
Are there product acturally in Group 12? Assume so.
Have you examined your actual uploaded xml file to see if those areas are formatted the same as the rest of your products?

Trying to understand if the upload is good or if 1. Your server is burping, or 2. Google may be burping.

User 38401 Photo

Senior Advisor
10,951 posts

yeah I'm not sure at all, I have never really looked at the actual files from the cart so I guess I could look, but I've no clue which file actually dictates what the links will be, if it's the xml file I can see if I can find that and at least see what is in there though. The second link is the link that is what the first one should be and yes there are over a dozen items in that category 12. There are 4 categories that have links like this in them and all of them seem to be only the recently changed or added items, but....

Here's another kicker, it's not "all" of the recently changed or added items, just "some" of them that are having this link changed issue? I'm really confused here lol, but what else is new I guess :P
User 38401 Photo

Senior Advisor
10,951 posts

I've looked through all the files (that I can see or find that is) and I can't see any xml or other file that has the info for my products in it anywhere to check it so am unable to figure out if anything is wrong there or not.

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.