Manual upload? - Post ID 102266

User 1968075 Photo

5 posts

I realize Sitemapper has an upload option built-in, however I find these built-in uploaders to be more hassle than they're worth and generally do not work well for me and my style of web design. Is there anything special I should know about manually uploading the sitemap and associated files? File-structure, location, links, special instructions. Thanks in advance :)

User 103173 Photo

VP of Software Development
0 posts

When you save your sitemap, it will list all the files and folders that were generated. Simply upload those files to your server.
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 364143 Photo

5,410 posts

I also use an FTP application. Just upload everything it lists in your root web directory.

EDIT: Scott beat me to it.
CoffeeCup... Yeah, they are the best!
User 389264 Photo

337 posts

I've been upload my CCSC sitemap using CC's FTP. Then I'd use CC Google Sitemapper to submit to Google. Now I get an error telling me to upgrade my sitemapper software. I read the help manual down to the link to validate the sitemap. It was OK and I used the
Send Notification to Google
Click button below to ping google with your sitemap URL to acknowledge them about your sitemap location.
Will Google find my stuff?

I had no problem with the old sitemapper and the new one has crashed my system twice. Likely something I'm doing.
User 2044402 Photo

5 posts

I use FileZilla for my ftp, superb programme.

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.