manual upload #2 - Post ID 175470

User 2052475 Photo

5 posts

I'm not sure if this is possible. I would like to upload only the .xml site map and not the html versions. I'd also like to upload this via my own ftp and not the built in system supplied with site mapper.

If anyone knows how to do this I'd be grateful for any advice.

Happy Christmas!

Nick
User 1948478 Photo

Senior Advisor
1,850 posts

Yes, you can certainly do that! Just go through the steps as shown on the opening page of the CC Sitemapper, i.e. scan your site and create sitemap. It will create both an .html and an .xml version. Then you can disregard the .html version and just upload the xml file to wherever you want, using whatever ftp or c-panel utility you want. Just remember where you put it so you can tell Google where to find it! :)
User 2052475 Photo

5 posts

Hi Per

Thanks for the information. The problem is that I only seem to have the option to save the file containing my sitemap as a .cms file and the only way I can extract is to open in sitemapper which does not give me the option to separate the file I want. Maybe something wrong with my set-up?

Best regards

Nick
User 1948478 Photo

Senior Advisor
1,850 posts

Nick,
You generate the .html and .xml files by clicking on the "Create Sitemap" icon in the top row of the program.
Give that a try and I'm sure you'll get the files you need. ;)

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.