How do I link my sitemap to my footer...

User 2130070 Photo

12 posts

Hi, please can somene put me out of my misery and tell me how to link my sitemap to my footer. I have searched the forum however just makes me more confused. I know nothing about codes etc so please be very simple :)
I have created my sitemap no problem with cc,I have uploaded to my server so thats all good, I just want sitemap in the footer where the other catagories are, i have no idea how to do this.
User 126492 Photo

Ambassador
1,524 posts

You only need a ink to your Site Map from your front page, just add it as a normal link.
Jim
---------------------------
User 2130070 Photo

12 posts

Thanks Jim, but my problem is, I dont know the procedure to link to my site map. Do I go to my home page in scc and insert html link, after that I am not sure what to write in there.I wanted my site map in my footer, I kinda need to be told what to do step by step. Im even havign trouble explaining what I want to do as I am only just starting with all of this
User 2130070 Photo

12 posts

I'll start from where I get stuck. I have followed all the instructions right up to uploading my sitemap to my server, then it says all you have to do now is link it to your pages. I dont know how to do that.
User 364143 Photo

5,410 posts

Put a link in your pages pointing to sitemap.html
CoffeeCup... Yeah, they are the best!
User 2130070 Photo

12 posts

ok. There is where I want to go. I want a sitemap link in my footer like I see on so many other sites. Dont get me wrong, I apprectiate your help Tom but, when you tell me to link to my pages pointing to my site map..how do I do this. I went to my home page clicked on insert link, added the url, previewed and it came up the text. What am I missing? bare in mind I have no website experience. Im lucky to have got this far with my website trust me!
My website is www.jusluxury.com.au
If you anyone does have a look you will notice I do have a few other issues like how do I seperate form objects and text ...the list goes on. I feel like my questions are too many. Am I allowed to put all this in here? if not please direct me to some sort of beginner tutorial. Thanks heaps.
User 364143 Photo

5,410 posts

This is your site map.
http://www.jusluxury.com.au/sitemap.html

To insert this link into pages, place this code where you want to display the link.
<a href="sitemap.html" title="Site Map">Site Map</a>
CoffeeCup... Yeah, they are the best!
User 193638 Photo

557 posts

Tom wrote:
This is your site map.
http://www.jusluxury.com.au/sitemap.html

To insert this link into pages, place this code where you want to display the link.
<a href="sitemap.html" title="Site Map">Site Map</a>

I believe you mentioned that you were using SCC.

First, go to SCC and at the top of the menus, click on "Your Shop". Then click on the tab for "Footer". Copy Toms HTML code into this box. Make sure that you put [[[ in front of the code and ]]] at the end of the code. And you should be set. Save the file and then preview. it.
User 193638 Photo

557 posts

I wonder though Kaz, are you using a theme provided by CC? Or one you purchased from Cc?

If so, what you would do is add a page (you can add up to five in SCC) and call it Site Map. This is how the Site Map gets put at the bottom (footer) of most of the sites that you referred to, next to all the other pages listed; home, cart, About us, etc. Then you would place a link on that page to your sitemap.html. the same way I described in the previous post.
User 2130070 Photo

12 posts

Thanks Heaps Steven and Tom. Steven I used a theme provided within the program scc pro.I have my sitemap in the footer so I am happy with that. Believe it or not I do spend days trying to find out for myself before I asked here.I was just confusing myself even more. I need to learn about codes I am afraid. very afraid! :P
Thanks again so much!

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.