Google site mapper not working - Post...

User 126493 Photo

22 posts

I downloaded the trial version of google site mapper and like it so I bought the software so I could scan my whole site. I uninstalled the trial version, bought the full version and ran it. But it only scanning two of my directories. (Directories meaning folder and sub-domains) I have over 30 sub-domains. What do I need to do it get it to scan my whole web site?
User 103173 Photo

VP of Software Development
0 posts

Sitemapper will only scan the folders and files on the same domain. If you want to use subdomains, you will need to link to it as a folder

subdomain.yourname.com should be yourname.com/subdomain

Scott Swedorski
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 126493 Photo

22 posts

Scott Swedorski wrote:
Sitemapper will only scan the folders and files on the same domain. If you want to use subdomains, you will need to link to it as a folder

subdomain.yourname.com should be yourname.com/subdomain

Scott Swedorski

Oh, ok.

1) I need a different google sitemap for each sub-domain name - Correct? If so, do I upload the file sitemapper gives me into it's own sub-domain and then submit each sitemap to google?

2) Each time I update a sub-domain web page do I have to re-run sitemapper? Or will this file it give me to update automatically update so google will find the updates?

Thanks
Kimberly

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.