Create new theme - Post ID 103537

User 298134 Photo

14 posts

Jo Ann and Scott,

Thanks to both of you for digging into this.

Jo Ann, I used your advice and made it work after placing a cssimages folder into the custom folders in the MyThemes folder ... whew! You might want to update your instructions for customization to include that step.

Scott - the edits needed to customize the bullets seem like a bit too much work for a person not experienced in html/css. Is there a plan to add features in SiteMapper to simplify creation of a custom html sitemap? A way in SM to select custom font colors and the path to the custom cssimages folder would be very helpful.

Again, thanks for all the help.
User 38401 Photo

Senior Advisor
10,951 posts

Hiya Robert,

Sorry, I had assumed you'd understand that my instructions were only including the things that were different or not included already in the PDF file. The PDF file itself tells you to do the cssimages folder etc. and all of that part is correct. All I posted in here were the things that were not the same in the PDF tutorial or in my case not included in my PFD tutorial file. I guess I should have been a little more clear on that, but I sure am glad you got it working, and always glad to help :)
User 103173 Photo

VP of Software Development
0 posts

Robert Young wrote:
Jo Ann and Scott,

Thanks to both of you for digging into this.

Jo Ann, I used your advice and made it work after placing a cssimages folder into the custom folders in the MyThemes folder ... whew! You might want to update your instructions for customization to include that step.

Scott - the edits needed to customize the bullets seem like a bit too much work for a person not experienced in html/css. Is there a plan to add features in SiteMapper to simplify creation of a custom html sitemap? A way in SM to select custom font colors and the path to the custom cssimages folder would be very helpful.

Again, thanks for all the help.

I don't see us adding anything anytime soon for something that as this program was not designed to be an editor. Editing things like that would require a lot of interface changes. This is why we made the themes using CSS so that any one could change things to fit their needs.
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 298134 Photo

14 posts

Thanks Scott.
User 2787257 Photo

5 posts

Well a lot has changed since the last post in this thread.
    All help locations noted in this thread are gone.
    Tutorials on the help page is gone.
    The FAQ on the help page is not a true FAQ.
    The Resources has no Resources.

I want to create a custom Theme for a client's sitemap page but there are no resources for this anymore, even though there seems to be resources at one time. This leaves me to question if I should dish out the money to buy this app.
User 2787257 Photo

5 posts

After doing more research, I found out that if I purchase this Sitemapper app it will not come with the Theme Designer,(http://www.coffeecup.com/help/articles/what-are-the-limitations-of-the-trial-version-of-sitemapper/) and Theme Designer is no longer offered in the list of apps in the Store.
User 103173 Photo

VP of Software Development
0 posts

The theme designer is now included with Sitemapper. We do not sell it separately.
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.