Changing Page Titles in Sitemapper -...

User 2022416 Photo

25 posts

Does it help or hurt your SEO ratings by changing the webpage title in your sitemap through the Sitemapper tool? All my page titles are listed with my company name first followed by my product name. For example, "Motorcycle Gadgets - Motorcycle GPS". Does it help with the SEO if I were to remove the company name and have just "Motorcycle GPS" as the page title?

site: http://www.motorcycle-gadgets.com
User 126492 Photo

Ambassador
1,524 posts

The text in the link in your site map has to match the actual Title of your page for best results.

Personally I would only have the Company name on the first page, but it is the individuals choice.

The first 3 to 4 words of your Title tag are your most important keywords about the actual product and are used by Search Engines to decide what your page is about, by using your Company name at the beginning of every page you are missing out on a chance to bring in targeted traffic.
Jim
---------------------------
User 2022416 Photo

25 posts

Jim, thanks for you response and feedback. It appears the SCC is putting the "Motorcycle Gadgets - " on each page. Would you happen to know where in the software I can change this?

Thanks.
User 126492 Photo

Ambassador
1,524 posts

At present there doesn't seem to be a way of not having the store name infront of the product. I have asked if it would be possible to have an option of having the shop name after the the product in a future upgrade, so we will have to wait and see.

Make sure your text links in your sitemap match the titles of your product pages.

You have some good descriptions for your products so that should help your search listings quite a bit.

Good luck with the online shop.
Jim
---------------------------

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.