Access violation ... SITEMA~1.EXE -...

User 1936726 Photo

3 posts

Hello,
my problem is this error message when creating a Map after having scanned my website:

"Access violation at adress 004D003D in module SITEMA~1.EXE. Read of adress 00004C9C."

Crawling of website was okay. Creating Map hangs - so I didn´t have any regular sitemap as result.

Using Windows Vista - admin-rights - actual sitemapper-Version 5.0 build 192
no chance to go to another pc - can rebuild the problem every time.

any ideas please?

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
regards: ollicajon
Cajonmania.de - Cajones & Percussion
User 2144239 Photo

0 posts

Hello,

When that error comes up, look at the bottom of Sitemapper. It will show you what link is causing the error. That usually means that the link does not exist. You'll need to remove it from the page that's on to get beyond that error.
User 38401 Photo

Senior Advisor
10,951 posts

Wow, that's actually quite a nice feature if you ask me. It will be really nice for those high link driven sites that have possible broken links and such, didn't know that was there, Thanks Monica :)
User 103173 Photo

VP of Software Development
0 posts

We also have a new version of Sitemapper almost ready that will prevent this error from appearing. I should have it up in the next day or so.
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 1948478 Photo

Senior Advisor
1,850 posts

Wolverana wrote:
Wow, that's actually quite a nice feature if you ask me. It will be really nice for those high link driven sites that have possible broken links and such, didn't know that was there, Thanks Monica :)

Well, so much for the "nice feature" that we, briefly, got excited about! ;)
- Or maybe the Site Mapper will report on broken links in some other way...?

All the best for the New Year to all at CC and the forums, - and everyone else for that matter!

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.