Web Form - Post ID 247726

User 2133841 Photo

16 posts

UPDATE: Nope, didn't work. Having inserted via RSD HTML Element the result is the same as before, when I inserted the Web Form scripts manually in HTML editor before publishing to web.

All I get when the site is published is a "click here" link where the Web Form should be and if you click the 'click here' link the browser page simply refreshes and displays only the Web Form hosted on my S-Drive account. :(

What am I doing wrong?
User 232214 Photo

COO
827 posts

Patrick Smith wrote:

What am I doing wrong?

Without link or project file, that's a difficult question to answer ;)

It is working though, here's a link to a theme (in progress) that we'll be getting over to you guys over the next days that includes an embedded form builder form: http://goodwines.coffeecup.com/rent.html
The future of web layout has arrived and it's called CSS Grid. CoffeeCup helps you to get ready with a free guide, the Grid Builder app plus cool demos & themes.
User 2133841 Photo

16 posts

That's exactly what I am trying to do, great! Meantime, if you want to check my scripts, here's a temporary link to the (almost complete) website on my testing server http://www.pantest.co.uk/kac/
User 103173 Photo

VP of Software Development
0 posts

Patrick Smith wrote:
That's exactly what I am trying to do, great! Meantime, if you want to check my scripts, here's a temporary link to the (almost complete) website on my testing server http://www.pantest.co.uk/kac/

You are using Form Builder as a pop-up and not directly adding your form. It is best to always add the form to a page and not use that feature as pop-ups are not responsive.

Do this:
1. In Form Builder, go to the Settings > General Tab and disable that feature and then publish your form.
2. In RSD, remove the markup you added to the <head> section.
3. Find the HTML Element you added to the page and copy/paste in the new markup Form Builder provided you when you uploaded your form.
4. Upload your website.

You will now see your form appear directly on your page just like Bob has on his example.
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 2133841 Photo

16 posts

Thanks. I'll try that and see.
User 2133841 Photo

16 posts

OK the form works now, but I've lost my sticky menu that was at the top of the page. I think the Web Form script that was required in the top <Head></Head> HTML Element but no longer required now that the pop-up bit of the form has gone, (is that right?) is somehow interfering with the menu.

Also, having added the <Head></Head> Element, I can't seem to be able to delete HTML Elements in my RSD project. How do I delete them in RSD?
User 103173 Photo

VP of Software Development
0 posts

Patrick Smith wrote:
OK the form works now, but I've lost my sticky menu that was at the top of the page. I think the Web Form script that was required in the top <Head></Head> HTML Element but no longer required now that the pop-up bit of the form has gone, (is that right?) is somehow interfering with the menu.

Also, having added the <Head></Head> Element, I can't seem to be able to delete HTML Elements in my RSD project. How do I delete them in RSD?

Yes, you did remove the scripts from the <head> correctly as they are gone.

As to the HTML Element, you delete it just like any other. Just select it and press DELETE or you can select it and go to the Design Tab and click the X button.
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 2133841 Photo

16 posts

OK that's it, got my menu back! That's it, apart from changing some pics.

Last thing,Scott, I haven't been able to get my head around how to 'centre' the menu. What's the secret? :)

Thanks for the superb CC support, BTW.
User 2133841 Photo

16 posts

P.S. As per the menu
Last thing,Scott, I haven't been able to get my head around how to 'centre' the menu. What's the secret? :)
I'm going to have to 'centre' the form by hand editing it myself as I can find how to do this 'cantering' of elements in RSD.
User 232214 Photo

COO
827 posts

Patrick Smith wrote:

I haven't been able to get my head around how to 'centre' the menu. What's the secret? :)

Thanks for the superb CC support, BTW.

Here's more info about centering menus: http://www.coffeecup.com/forums/respons … post247608
The future of web layout has arrived and it's called CSS Grid. CoffeeCup helps you to get ready with a free guide, the Grid Builder app plus cool demos & themes.

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.