VSD conversion to RSD - Post ID 251744

User 39678 Photo

10 posts

Hello,
I have several sites I created in VSD. Now I see it has been discontinued so I assume that the upgrade path is RSD. (I haven't seen this mentioned however)
What is involved in migrating my sites to RSD?
Thank you
Dan
User 399746 Photo

Sales & Support Manager
416 posts

Hey Dan!

Visual Site Designer has been an awesome visual website creator for many years, but now so many sites are being visited from mobile devices, sites need to be responsive to be usable and readable under all circumstances. The limitation that VSD only was able to create fixed-width / static sites made us decide to replace VSD with the new Responsive Site Designer. The apps work in a similar way with a drag-n-drop interface and intuitive design controls. RSD not only makes the sites responsive, it also features a lot more design powers than VSD ever did. Right now we're writing a tutorial on how to convert (re-build) a VSD static site to a responsive design using RSD, as soon that is completed all VSD owners will be notified.

We also have a bunch of articles on RSD to help you get more familiar with how these software programs work. Our Quick Start Guide is very helpful when getting started. We recommend taking a look at it as it explains many different parts of RSD.
Learn the essentials with these tips on Site Designer. You'll be making epic, code-free responsive sites like a boss.
User 2639735 Photo

1 post

Thanks Dan for asking this question. I am in the same situation. Since I have updated my laptop to Windows 10, when I upload updates to the web, my screen turns black. The updates or made, but I then have to either close VDS (which does not always happen), or I have to restart my computer to get my screen back.
I am reluctant to move to RDS until the migration process is worked out. Too much time on this web site, and not time to redo it. Looking forward to the tutorial.

Sinclair
User 103173 Photo

VP of Software Development
0 posts

Doreen Badeaux wrote:
Thanks Dan for asking this question. I am in the same situation. Since I have updated my laptop to Windows 10, when I upload updates to the web, my screen turns black. The updates or made, but I then have to either close VDS (which does not always happen), or I have to restart my computer to get my screen back.
I am reluctant to move to RDS until the migration process is worked out. Too much time on this web site, and not time to redo it. Looking forward to the tutorial.

Sinclair

Please open a support ticket and we can help you with the black screen issue.

As to the migration, please do be aware that it will not be some automated process of migrating. You are still going to need to need to build your website over in RSD. Our instructions however will walk you through how best to do it. If you think you want to go responsive (which you should) playing with RSD now will help considerable with migrating your website.
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.