Movavi Screen Recorder here.
Ha en riktig god dag!
Inger, Norway

My work in progress:
Components for Site Designer and the HTML Editor: https://mock-up.coffeecup.com

User 2413940 Photo

34 posts

Movavi Screen Recorder here.

That's a good one too and reasonably priced especially when on sale on Steam which it currently is at $27.47 USD. I forgot to mention, on the Mac, I like Screenflow, but haven't used it in a while since my MacBook Pro went out of commission. It's also helpful to have a good microphone (ie. condensor mic). The Tonor TC-777 Condensor Mic is the one I have and seems comparable to the more expensive Yeti Blue. It is currently reasonably priced as well at $29.99 USD on Amazon.
Gary Chike
"Experience is what you get, when you don't get what you want."
User 3113719 Photo

7 posts

lwetzel wrote:
If you're doing some serious and/or long videos --> Camtasia High initial cost but then $53 annual maintenance.
If you're doing short instructive video clips --> Snagit ~$69 cost but $13 annual maintenance.

They also have a free app "Capture" formerly called "Jing" with even fewer capabilities but is usable. You have to look for it and they assume you will want to save it to their Screencast service.

Great products but, there is a learning curve but they have plenty of tutorials.

Hi, may I know if any of these has an edit option such as trimming the screen capture videos or do I need to us other software for that?
User 2140875 Photo

364 posts
Online Now

I use both Camtasia and Snagit.

Camtasia has very good editing tools; split clips, trimming, add text, add transitions, zoom in and out, mouse click animations, and many more.

Snagit is pretty good too but does not offer all that Camtasia does.

If you are a teacher then look for the educational discount.

I've attached a screen shot of Camtasia 9 and you can see all the options you have.
Attachments:

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.